1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Jim Henson "Creature Puppets" at Chick-fil-A

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Borples, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Borples

Borples Active Member

I wasn't sure whether to post this here or at Family Worlds or what. Please feel free to move it!

My friend was at Chick-fil-A with her kids today, and she said the kids' meal prize was "something Jim Hensony." I looked at their web site, and starting July 16, they have "Jim Henson Creature Puppets" listed as the prize. Right now they're officially still on the Little Critter books, but I guess some locations have moved on already. I don't have any other details, but once July 16 rolls around, there should be a picture on the CFA web site. Something to look out for.
    Cindy and Muppetboy09 like this.
  2. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

Thanks for pointing this out. I will have to make my whole family get kids meals next time we visit Chick-fil-A. :)
    Borples likes this.
  3. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

Very cool! Wish we had more details, I'm very curious to see what it is.
  4. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

5. Borples

Borples Active Member

I think that's a different one--those are board books for the 3-and-under kids' meals. Although, it would be perfect if they had those at the same time as the puppets, wouldn't it? The older kids get the puppets; the wee ones get the Pajanimals books?
    Cindy likes this.
  6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

No.

Not at all. If you read the article closely, you'll see it's dated last year and the books came out last October.

I think I actually saw them offered, but didn't get to order one, as it was a Sunday, and even in Malls, they're closed that day.

I would respect that more if I didn't love their waffle fries.
  7. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Cool. So do we know if these are finger puppets, bigger puppets...?

Now I have to figure out if I have any Chick-fil-A's around me...I think there may be one about 15 0r so minutes away, but I'm not sure...

EDIT: Pfft...my closest is more like a half hour away...which isn't bad, except I never really go to the area it's in...so I doubt I'll be getting any of these...
  8. Muppetboy09

Don't sweat, we will find out if the prizes are ACTUALLY WORTH driving 30 minutes away to get.
  9. Tomservo95

Tomservo95 Member

You can ask for the toys without the meal. that's what i've done with many fast food promotions. ;)
  10. Drtooth

All I want to know is this...

Are these going to be paper crafts? Cuz if they are, forget it.
  11. Borples

Borples Active Member

Tomservo95 likes this.
  12. Muppetboy09

*Facepalm* why can't we get ACTUAL QUALITY pupets as toys. At this point, i would settle for a felt finger puppet! I really got my hopes up for this, but I am not sure I really want them anymore....:boo::grr::mad::grouchy:
    Drtooth and Tomservo95 like this.
  13. Tomservo95

Tomservo95 Member

i know. when i heard they were doing creature puppets i was hoping for a skeksis or something. :sympathy:
  14. Drtooth

Paper crafts AREN'T toys! They aren't even prizes. They're something you can PRINT OUT at home. For free (minus the cost of ink and paper that is).

That's like calling a sticker a "prize." It isn't. This is Cracker jack quality garbage, and a TOTAL disappointment, even looking at this from a child's angle.

Especially since we got THIS out of McDonalds.

Even the BOX was more of a Happy Meal prize than these are.

So TOTALLY forget it.
  15. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Paper puppet crafts = not worth driving 30 minutes completely out of my way to get
    Drtooth likes this.
  16. Drtooth

Tomservo95 and CaseytheMuppet like this.
  17. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

The toys weren't anything to get excited about even before this whole Chick fila thing started which I'm sick and tired of hearing about on both ends now.
    Drtooth likes this.
  18. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

I dunno...i tried them and they really stuck with me. ;)
  19. Drtooth

Plastic tubes with cardboard cut outs to tape to them.

Not even stickers.

They were too cheap to even use stickers.

I dunno... I'm loving the McDonalds 16 piece Spongebob figures that actually DO something AND look great on display. THAT is a Kid's Meal prize! Even if it wasn't for the controversy, I'd skip those "Puppets."
    Muppetboy09 and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  20. Borples

Borples Active Member

Actually, there were tabs on the cardboard cut outs that fit into slots in the plastic tubes. But it was still a pretty lousy toy.