1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Jim Henson figure box revealed

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by WiGgY, Aug 25, 2004.

1. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

http://www.palisadestoys.com/new/whatsnew/thebit/Muppets/Wed8_25_04.php

It looks great. Nicely done and very classy. Much better than the blue. Blue would have looked tacky for this figure. I also like the muppet pictures that wrap around the bottom. I am suprised some of these characters don't have better publicity pictures though.

He comes with an abundance of accessories, most reused though. He has repaint Clifford's chair, what looks to be repaint Clifford's mic (looks gold), a reused tamborine from Janice, what appears to be a reused magazine from Link with a new sticker of course, and lastly a NEW banjo with strap. Oh, and there is a figure in there too. :D

The pictures of Jim used look good. I like to ones on the side in particular.
  2. Luke

Luke Active Member

Oh wow - they've done Jim proud. Elegant, Classy, Informative, Fun, and looking HOT!!! I am so pleased about this, i knew they would do something special but this is beyond expectaction. Brilliant !!!
  3. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

4. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Wow--very nice indeed! I may let Kermit borrow the banjo from time to time. I doubt Jim would mind. :)
  5. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

:eek: That's so awesome! I really wanna get my hands on it, but it's probably gonna be big bucks right? :(
  6. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure they were gonna let him go for $14.99. WiGgy, am I right?

Can't wait! :D
  7. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

No idea. I would assume so. That's normal.
  8. Luke

Luke Active Member

No, it's a more premium price figure i think. In the UK it's being sold for much higher than Superbeaker and just less than the backstage. I would guess for the USA you are looking at a price around $20. These are apparently fairly limited.
  9. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

Its certainly an excellent figure and packaging too. It would make a nice addition to any muppet collection.
  10. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Isn't it beeeyootiful!?! I am proud to be a Henson/Muppets/Palisades fan for sure!!
  11. caper

caper Member

Is this figure as tall as the Sweetums figure??
  12. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

um...no. Why would you think that? Sweetums is a 7 foot tall monster. This is the Jim Henson puppet that was a regular hand puppet. It's about Clifford's size I think.
  13. Fozzie Bear

Wiggy's right; it's the size of Clifford (hence the ability to use Clifford's director's chair). I know I'm getting 2 of these JH figures, one to keep on display and one to play with. And, just think...the Banjo MIGHT fit Kermit! mmmmm! :p
  14. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

Where is the Jim Henson Muppet figure going to be sold? I definitely wanna get my hands on it. :crazy: :halo:
  15. Luke

Luke Active Member

16. caper

caper Member

um...no. Why would you think that? Sweetums is a 7 foot tall monster. This is the Jim Henson puppet that was a regular hand puppet. It's about Clifford's size I think.__________________

I actually wanted Jim Henson to be a human size compared to the other muppet figs. To be above them instead of their equal like a real human instead of a muppet. But I guess not.
  17. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

But he's not a human. He is a puppet. This is not Jim Jenson the human. This is clearly Jim Henson the puppet
  18. Fozzie Bear

The Father from the Anastasia movie was made into a 12" doll, and I've considered trying to find one of those and customize it into a Jim Henson. I've also been looking for a 12" Jesus doll, too.
  19. homerthegreat

homerthegreat Member

This is looking like the best figure so far...:)
  20. Luke

Luke Active Member

Ken has now confirmed the price as $20!