Jim Henson Hour segments on CTS!

dbarrie

Reaction score
Hi,

Tonight I saw and taped a half-hour segment from the Jim Henson Hour series on CTS! I hadn't seen this series before, so it was a treat to finally watch one of them. The guest was Buster Poindexter (David Johansen). CTS is only showing half of each show featuring Kermit and the gang. TJHH was the last Muppet series created and developed by Jim himself.

The reason why I hadn't posted TMS listings for the week was because the listings confused me. Now I understand that these guests appeared only on the JHH.

Here are the remaining listings for the week of Aug. 30-Sept. 3:

Aug. 31 - TJHH (show info TBA)*
Sept. 1 - CTS FALL PREVIEW (no show)
2 - Bobby McFerrin (TJHH)*
3 - Louie Anderson (TJHH)*

* = not included in CTS' first run

TMS airs Monday to Friday on CTS (Cable 9 in Toronto & Cable 25 in Ottawa) @ 7 PM.

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
I got it too, and plan to get them all as they show them onto DVD's. So what happened to Muppets Tonight? I hope they show them again as I missed the first few. Anyone know how many there are total?

Anyway, it was a real treat to see (and hear) Jim and I believe Richard in this series, correct? Good fun!

eric

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Eric are you still recording them straight onto DVD? Or are you recording onto Video then onto DVD?

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
All of the Muppets Tonight that I got, I imported STRAIGHT into iMovie and rendered DVD's directly. The quality is super! The Jim Henson Show episodes have been going onto tape first, although I'm so pleased with how my VCR is recording them! I have a really decent unit that tapes well, so I'll do those at "DVD-lo-bitrate" when I have time, and they'll look great, I'm sure. (tapes are running on Standard Play for highest quality)

eric

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
I've been reviewing the tapes since you last contacted me Warrick and I think they're nice enough to put on DVD at standard quality. No one should complain about the quality of these, as most ones I've seen were taped in the 80's and 90's and don't look so fresh anymore!

eric