Jim Henson Pediatric Center

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Greenville, Mississippi
Since the acquisition of King's Daughters (Hospital), Delta Regional closed an eye surgery clinic, the acute care patient wing, the obstetrics/gynocological clinic, as well as the Jim Henson Pediatric Center, due to physician concern over patient safety.

“Physicians were concerned about the lack of critical care backup on the premises. So, we closed down those facilities to address those concerns” Humphreys said.

I never knew there was a Jim Henson Pediatric Center! Gee, you would think something with Jim's name attached, primarily in Greenville an effort would have been made to have kept the place open.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Well, you never know if it was actually named AFTER Jim, there's many other Jim Hensons out there (but the Jim we're talkin bout it more important of course, sorry other Jim Hensons. :smile:)

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Yep, it was named after Jim alright, the pediatric place is in Greenville, Mississippi. Jim's birth place.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
From info found on the web, it appears it was named in 1992 and besides it's medical staff, also housed a full size Kermit and Miss Piggy.

Greenville, Mississippi must be in a bad financial situation to not be able to support and close a pediatric wing named after it's most famous citizen.

muppetperson

Reaction score
baba said:
I wonder if anyone has a picture of that Kermit & Miss Piggy.

Baba,
Yes, I'd like to see a pic too.More importantly, where are they now? I want them!!

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
muppetperson said:
Yes, I'd like to see a pic too.More importantly, where are they now? I want them!!
Since they closed the place, odds are Kermit and Piggy were returned to the Henson family.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Hmm...maybe they'll mysteriously disappear en route to the Henson family, á la Hoggle from Labyrinth in Unclaimed Baggage. And no they won't be hiding in my closet with my Fraggle plushies as protection.