Jim Henson props

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This appears legit. There were quite a few of these noses produced for the crowd scenes, so keep that in mind.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
beaker20 said:
I am looking for any props from The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Neverending Story, any of the Muppet Movies or the Muppet Show. If anyone has some information where i might be able to locate something it would be helpful.

I found this

Hope it helps

beaker20

Reaction score
About the Gonzo nose. I saw a dealer selling a similiar nose just the otherday for $150. I wanted to buy it but i could not get ahold of the dealer. So i checked the website again and it is no longer listed. I'm thinking that this dealer in London bought it and is now selling for it $400. I could be wrong but it is a possibility.

I've been watching that Labyrinth auction and i keep going back and forth on whether i want it or not. I did find out that alot of significant props from the movies i am looking for did not make it out of the shop. So i may have to settle for what i can find.

beaker20

Reaction score
Well the Gonzo nose interests me because it is a character item. I am hoping to collect screen used character props.The Labyrinth Ax is super cool but it's just a generic Ax. I am sill thinking about buying it though.

I found out something tonight that may be of interest to some of you. I was talking to a well known prop dealer and asked what else is out there besides what i already know. He told me that there are screen used mice from muppet treasure island, fraggle rock puppets and some other stuff that seemed really cool. The problem is that they are in private collections and not for sale. There is cool stuff abound, it's just a matter of finding it and prying it out of a collection.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I know none of the actual Muppets have ever gone up for sale (and they won't be anytime soon). I've also never heard of major character props being sold off either (doesn't mean they are not out there). Lots of other cool stuff has turned up though, including crew jackets and the aforementioned bus...

Not sure if this interests you, but Disney auctions off many of the props and minor puppets from their theme park shows. Alot of the Spitting Image puppets turn up regularly on ebay too.

beaker20

Reaction score
I would be interested in the Spitting Image puppets and props. Do you know where i can find some? Right now te only thing of interest on ebay is the Labyrinth Ax.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
beaker20 said:
Well the Gonzo nose interests me because it is a character item. I am hoping to collect screen used character props.The Labyrinth Ax is super cool but it's just a generic Ax. I am sill thinking about buying it though.

He told me that there are screen used mice from muppet treasure island, fraggle rock puppets and some other stuff that seemed really cool. The problem is that they are in private collections and not for sale. There is cool stuff abound, it's just a matter of finding it and prying it out of a collection.
Everyone likes different things and is entitled to that. I would love to have some muppet/henson props or memorabilia like that.
I can imagine there would be some very rich people out there with huge collections of movie props etc and I don't think its right for them to have the muppet/henson items, They don't deserve it, only true muppet/henson fans and collectors should be allowed to have what little muppet/henson props etc that is available to the public, thats where it belongs and it should all go to fans, not just someone with loads of money. :smile:

beaker20

Reaction score
I understand what you are saying, but who's to say they aren't fans? They maybe collectors who are Muppet fans who just happen to have loads of cash.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
beaker20 said:
I understand what you are saying, but who's to say they aren't fans? They maybe collectors who are Muppet fans who just happen to have loads of cash.
I thought the same thing right after I typed that. What an idiot I am, lol :stick_out_tongue: . But there are too many people out there who are only interested in collectibles or antiques or memorabilia just because of their value and the profit they can make, I have seen that many times, those are the people who don't deserve the muppet props, thats what I meant in the first post. :smile: