Jim Henson props

radionate

Reaction score
Quite often a charity will recieve a Miss Piggy autographed glove to auction off. I've bid a few over the years, but always lose out. They are out there though.

beaker20

Reaction score
I know there has to be lots cool props out in the collectors market. It's just a matter of finding the right people and timing. I have been looking like a madman for this stuff and it's actually alot of fun, so i don't think i will get discouraged.

beaker20

Reaction score
That is a really cool piece. Do you know how much it sold for? Do you have any information on this piece?

BJC899

Reaction score
beaker20 said:
That is a really cool piece. Do you know how much it sold for? Do you have any information on this piece?
I'm sorry, but I don't have any other information about this item. If you want, you could contact them.

Sorry! :mad:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe it sold on eBay for around $800-$900. The head was from the Muppets Take Manhattan.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
That would be a very nice item to have! Was it a part of a puppet of miss piggy or was it something else?
:smile:

beaker20

Reaction score
I emailed the company regarding the Miss Piggy head so hopefully when i get home i will have some additional information. That piece is super cool and would look nice in my collection of movie memorabilia.

BJC899

Reaction score
beaker20 said:
I emailed the company regarding the Miss Piggy head so hopefully when i get home i will have some additional information. That piece is super cool and would look nice in my collection of movie memorabilia.
What was the reslult of the email?

Did anyone else find any other props or stuff?

ToastCrumbs

Reaction score
Rare Muppet Props

For the most part the really great Muppet props are owned by past Muppet employees. The Piggy head that I believe went for around $900 is the first time I've seen a flocked head. Although it is still an unfinished Piggy head it is worth a bit more due to the fact that it is further along or closer to being completed. When a foam rubber Piggy head comes out of its mold several steps are involved in taking it to completion. The flocking of the head is about the halfway mark. The price it went for is a bit low. I've seen foam rubber Piggy heads that are right out of the mold with no work done on them go for around $600-$800. The person who sold this flocked Piggy head maybe could have gotten between $1200-$2000. So the buyer shoud be extremely happy because it was a good deal. At this stage of building, Piggy's head has been snipped and patched up along the seems. She has also been lightly sprayed with an airbrush with a special mixture of tinted paint and glue, but the most valuable thing is that her mouth plate has been assembled and placed into the head along with here brain. This is what drives the price up. The more work that is done, the more craftsmenship is reveiled.
The closer the head gets to being camera ready the higher the price. If the head lets say had eyes or ears well you're talking $5,000, if it had both and all her makeup finished easily 10,000. Several things need to be remembered when looking at the $10,000 price of a finished Miss Piggy head. First you are dealing with a truly one of a kind prop, that was not made to be sold. She is not massed produced for fans to buy. The JHC does not allow these types of props out. It is an amazing piece of art work that is know all over the world, and I can assure you that if a finished Miss Piggy head does exist out there, that odds are there are only one or two.
So let me get back to the main subject which is buying authentic JHC or Muppet props. They are out there. I do know of several great ones, so here is a list of a few of them.

MUPPET LOVERS DREAM LIST:
Unfinished Gonzo head
Background Fraggle Puppet (Fraggle Rock)
Red Devil/ cabled controlled (The Storyteller)
Unfinished Clifford head
Unfinished Piggy head (foam rubber)
Goblin puppet Labyrinth (screen used)
Statler head (screen used/retired)
Waldorf head (screen used/retired)
Goblin head Labyrinth (screen used)
Kermit puppet (screen used/retired)
Doozer (screen used)
Muppet WhatNot head

These are some of the higher end props that I know of, and believe me they are all priceless. For those of you who like me grew up with Jim Henson and his wonderful Muppets the dream to own any of these is high up on our Muppet list. But for those who are not yet making endless amounts of money here are some smaller Muppet treasures that would make us just as happy to own.

Set of Gover hands (screen used/retired)
1 unfinished Statler hand (foam rubber)
Unfinished Ghost of Christmas Present hand/arm
Unfinished mini Cat in the Hat head

There are some more and I'll get around to posting them soon. :smile: