Jim Henson Television Channel

jediX

Reaction score
Nick showed TMS and Muppet Babies as part of Nick Jr. up until 1999 or so.

jediX

Reaction score
Oh, and Disney Channel aired Muppets Tonight from about 97' till 99' as well.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
TMS was on Nick from 1994 to around 1997. Nick only had 65 TMS episodes, not the full 120. Most of them though included UK skits with about a minute of the American broadcast cut out. It was the first time many of the UK skits were seen on US television.

Fraggle Rock and Mother Goose Stories were on Disney in the early nineties in the US, but not TMS.

jediX

Reaction score
Hm, thats strange. We got cable back in Dec 98' and I can recall watching a couple TMS episodes on Nick before they took it off the air.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I thought they used to air the Muppet Babies on Odyssey - I remember wanting that channel so badly so I could tape episodes, but sadly, never did.

Whatever

Reaction score
I was lucky- I didn't have Oddysey either but my beloved speech therapist taped two tapes full of Fraggle Rock and Muppet Show episodes for me. I love those tapes, I watch 'em over and over.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I remember seeing about the Odyssey Channel but knowing that I couldn't see it not anytime. It ****** me off. I pay for the Satelliht (bad spelling) bill. I've been working since 1999 I think. So then one day I finally got the satelliht and since I worked I was the one paying for it. So back then I didn't have a job so I wouldn't have been able to pay and since my Mom want to watch the News and other channels then there was no way of me to ever see any fraggles or TMS. Now when It came to Nick I watched them over and over but didn't think so much to record any of them as well as Fraggles when it showed on HBO and Disney. So when I watched that was all I got to see that until I got some "The best of the Muppet show" on DVD. I just hope one day they make the whole season DVD for TMS and FR but until then I'll trade w/ everyone here that has episodes recorded.

jediX

Reaction score
I've heard about a Kermit channel before but I don't think it was ever launched or went into production. As far as I know, the most 'Muppety' post-Nickelodeon channel was Odyssee. I'm sure someone that's familiar with recent Muppet history knows what the story about that supposed 'Kermit' channel was...