1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Jim Henson Wall Sculpture Dedication

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Was Once Ernie, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

From the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences:

The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Hall of Fame, established in 1984, honors persons who have made outstanding contributions in the arts, sciences or management of television, based upon either cumulative contributions and achievements or a singular contribution or achievement.

On Wednesday, September 28, they will be dedicating a wall sculpture honoring Jim Henson on the Hall of Fame Plaza at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.

The event is for Academy members and by invitation only. I plan to attend and will take pictures that can hopefully be posted on Muppet Central.

:p
  2. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

Sounds good! I'm looking forward to the pics! :)
  3. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I'll be out until the morning of the 25th...I wish I could stay longer now!
  5. Was Once Ernie

Well, now that the cat (and the frog) are out of the bag via that article, I can report that I have actually already seen the sculpture. I peeked behind the drape when I was at the dedication for the Hanna-Barbera sculpture. From what I could see, it looks very nice. The choice of characters is a bit odd, although maybe that's just my take. I would have used only Jim's characters to surround him, but in another way, they're all his characters, of course.

It is by the same artist that did the Hanna-Barbera piece.

6. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

Deja Vu... I swear I heard someone say that before...
  7. Awesome. Good for him. And very well deserved too. :)
  8. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Who are the characters?
  9. Was Once Ernie

Well, they had them listed on the other article, but I just went back to look and the post seems to have disappeared. I think it was Kermit, Gonzo, Big Bird and maybe Rowlf. If it isn't Rowlf, it should be. Actually, it might be Piggy. I don't remember, but I'm pretty sure the first three are correct.

10. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

No Fozzie or Piggy? Gonzo is a weird choice
  11. Why no Fraggles? :smirk:
  12. Fozzie Bear

Ironic, ain't it?? :concern:
  13. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Very Good Fozzie, Very Good.
  14. Fozzie Bear

Wocka Wocka!!
  15. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Fozzie, I really enjoy the repoir I share with you
  16. Fozzie Bear

And I with you, my friend.

I love all my MC and TP pals! :)
  17. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Getting back to the sculpture when is the official dedication
  18. toughrabbit

toughrabbit New Member

I saw the sculpture on Saturday night. It is very cool, though my husband thought that Oscar looked a little bit demented. The likeness of Jim is very well done, and I was impressed with Big Bird as well. The texture of his feathers was nice.
  19. Fozzie Bear

The wall was dedicated on 9/28/05. I took photos on 9/21/05...but, they aren't up yet.
  20. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Does anybody have pics of the sculpture? I would really like to see this.