Jim Henson Wall Sculpture Dedication

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
From the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences:

The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Hall of Fame, established in 1984, honors persons who have made outstanding contributions in the arts, sciences or management of television, based upon either cumulative contributions and achievements or a singular contribution or achievement.

On Wednesday, September 28, they will be dedicating a wall sculpture honoring Jim Henson on the Hall of Fame Plaza at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.

The event is for Academy members and by invitation only. I plan to attend and will take pictures that can hopefully be posted on Muppet Central.

:stick_out_tongue:

rexcrk

Reaction score
Sounds good! I'm looking forward to the pics! :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'll be out until the morning of the 25th...I wish I could stay longer now!

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Well, now that the cat (and the frog) are out of the bag via that article, I can report that I have actually already seen the sculpture. I peeked behind the drape when I was at the dedication for the Hanna-Barbera sculpture. From what I could see, it looks very nice. The choice of characters is a bit odd, although maybe that's just my take. I would have used only Jim's characters to surround him, but in another way, they're all his characters, of course.

It is by the same artist that did the Hanna-Barbera piece.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
I peeked behind the drape when I was at the dedication for the Hanna-Barbera sculpture.
Deja Vu... I swear I heard someone say that before...

BEAR

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
Well, now that the cat (and the frog) are out of the bag via that article, I can report that I have actually already seen the sculpture. I peeked behind the drape when I was at the dedication for the Hanna-Barbera sculpture. From what I could see, it looks very nice. The choice of characters is a bit odd, although maybe that's just my take. I would have used only Jim's characters to surround him, but in another way, they're all his characters, of course.

It is by the same artist that did the Hanna-Barbera piece.

Who are the characters?

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Who are the characters?
Well, they had them listed on the other article, but I just went back to look and the post seems to have disappeared. I think it was Kermit, Gonzo, Big Bird and maybe Rowlf. If it isn't Rowlf, it should be. Actually, it might be Piggy. I don't remember, but I'm pretty sure the first three are correct.

unclematt

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
Well, they had them listed on the other article, but I just went back to look and the post seems to have disappeared. I think it was Kermit, Gonzo, Big Bird and maybe Rowlf. If it isn't Rowlf, it should be. Actually, it might be Piggy. I don't remember, but I'm pretty sure the first three are correct.

No Fozzie or Piggy? Gonzo is a weird choice