Jim Henson with Kermit and Rowlf on Arsenio Hall (1990)

ploobis

Reaction score
I found this awesome clip of Jim Henson on The Arsenio Hall Show in 1990! Jim also brings out Kermit and Rowlf to chat with Arsenio. I think this was one of Jim's last TV appearance before he passed away. I hope you all enjoy watching this like I did! :smile: :sympathy:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Actually that wasn't his last appearance. His last appearance was on Arsenio Hall but this was actually his last appearance.

But that was a great clip I watched it last night. God how I miss that man though. I started getting tears in my eyes. ;(

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Interesting that they just put Rowlf's right arm in a sling as opposed to just pinning it to the side of his body.

Rowlf's voice sounds the roughest I've ever heard it (it didn't sound that rough a year earlier in Dog City, can't remember how it sounded in the Walt Disney World special). Kermit sounded like his usual late-1980s self, but when Arsenio asked him if there was something in his throat, I wonder if it was a reference to Jim Henson's cold.

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
Man, that was a real treat to watch! Seems like I only ever come across footage of Jim performing Kermit. Which is always a good time, don't get me wrong. But it was great fun to see him doing Rowlf like that! Brought a big smile to my face!

TheWeirdoGirl

Reaction score
Wow- that was great! Getting to watch him doing Rowlf performing You And I And George was something special.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I just watched the video on the Muppet wiki account on YouTube. I was laughing like crazy over the edgy jokes about Kermit and Miss Piggy's on and off relationship to but it cleanly. lol And hearing Rowlf say Son of a B...., I was like cheering like crazy laughing like crazy. I sent it to all my friends.

Oh my God, does anyone have a DVD-R copy of it? If so, please send me a PM. I totally need that footage for my Muppet Tape Trade collection BADLY lol

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I just watched the video on the Muppet wiki account on YouTube. I was laughing like crazy over the edgy jokes about Kermit and Miss Piggy's on and off relationship to but it cleanly. lol And hearing Rowlf say Son of a B...., I was like cheering like crazy laughing like crazy. I sent it to all my friends.

Oh my God, does anyone have a DVD-R copy of it? If so, please send me a PM. I totally need that footage for my Muppet Tape Trade collection BADLY lol
I'm showing that footage to my best friend this weekend, love to see his reaction. He's slowly becoming a Muppet fan.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Interesting that they just put Rowlf's right arm in a sling as opposed to just pinning it to the side of his body.

Rowlf's voice sounds the roughest I've ever heard it (it didn't sound that rough a year earlier in Dog City, can't remember how it sounded in the Walt Disney World special). Kermit sounded like his usual late-1980s self, but when Arsenio asked him if there was something in his throat, I wonder if it was a reference to Jim Henson's cold.
Hmmm. Rowlf sounds fine to me. This May 22, 1989 appearance on Arsenio Hall was not Jim's final bow on the program. That appearance came on May 4, 1990, nearly year after that one. Jim was accompanied by Kevin Clash, Clifford and his infamous "cold" that time. :sympathy:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I just posted the clip of his last appearance...I still can't get through that clip without crying knowing it was the last time him and Kermit were together. :frown: