Jim Henson's Frog School

King Prawn

Reaction score
It seems as Kermit isn't just getting a line of younger Kermit movies, but also a series.

Henson Preschool TV Shows in Development
from Kidscreen Magazine, January 3, 2002
by Mike Connell

Jim Henson Television has decided to give the world an inside look into what made Kermit the reptile he is today. Jim Henson's Frog School is a live action/Muppet preschool comedy (with some short animated segments) that centers around Kermie's adolescent years at Frog School, where his education was based on an ancient frog philosophy stressing virtue and responsibility for one's actions towards others and the environment. Jim Henson's daughter Lisa will serve as executive producer on the 26 x half-hour series, which is budgeted at between $350,000 and $400,000 per episode. Animated sequences illustrate fables and myths from around the world that are used to teach the reptilian students about life outside the swamp.

The project is part of a new Henson curriculum focus guided by an educational advisory board established to help the company follow through on its assertion that TV can change people's lives, says Juliet Blake, president of Jim Henson Television US. Henson is hoping to carve a niche with preschool shows that tackle school readiness, Blake explains, from both an emotional and curriculum perspective. She likens Frog School to Bear in the Big Blue House, the producer of which -- Alex Rockwell -- is also on-board for the new Henson offering.

Another preschool project under the advisory board's guidance is Harry and Lulu. Budgeted closer to $300,000 per ep, this 26 x half-hour animated series stars a five-year-old and her brand-new stuffed dog. When Lulu's parents turn off the lights at night, Harry comes to life and starts telling her about his world travels. Lulu's a little skeptical, so Harry leads her through a magical doggie door that's a portal to anywhere in the world. The series was developed for preschoolers about to make the transition to kindergarten, the idea being to introduce them to the fact that there's a big world outside their neighborhood full of different kinds of kids.

Both Jim Henson's Frog School and Harry and Lulu are in early development, and delivery dates weren't available at press time.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Another young Kermit project? I don't know how to feel about that because I don't want the tide to turn back to the time of the Muppet Babies. Is there room for both types of projects? I suppose time will tell. I'll probably watch it anyway. LOL!

This other "Lulu" project sounds promising.

Thanx for sharing this!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I think this is gonna be good, Jim wanted to make a Muppet Kids TV show before, All about the Muppets in School.

There was a series of Books, PC games and two McDonalds test toys!

And hopefully we will see other 'Muppet Kids' like Gonzo, Fozzie, Piggy and Rowlf !

And who knows maybe Janice and Bean might show up, As in the Books!

See ya

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Byron,

Its a good possibility !

And id love to see Janice as a Junior in Puppet form too !

See ya

scarecroe

Reaction score
Despite the fact that my post was deleted, this news brief was posted at the excellent Muppet site, ToughPigs two days ago.

Now that I'm posting this again, do you suppose I'll be suspended from this forum?

I'm not sure what the moderators are so afraid of.

Please make it clear to me why my original post in this thread was deleted.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Scott,

I have no idea what happened to your post, but I promise I'll look into it. Posts are very rarely ever deleted and in those cases a moderator should notify the author as to why. Of course you aren't suspended, you're part of the family.

Thanks for posting the link and letting us know.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response Phil. Since I still have "notify me of new posts to threads I reply to" enabled, I got an email stating that someone had posted something new to this thread, but when I got here, my original post was gone. I hope the mystery is solved amongst the moderators, I would hate to see a bug turn up in the new system.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I remember your post and thought I had commented on it, but when I saw this one I thought it had been moved and it was all a dream. I really did leave my brain in San Francisco. The plot of the deleted post continues...:smile: