Jim Hensons Funeral

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I'm not sure weather to be happy or sad that these are for sale. I've thought for the longest time this funeral was supposed to be...private. Oh well. I might make a bid on it, it'd be nice to see it in it's entirty.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I don't see anything terribly wrong with it. I'd love to see more then just the sparse clips from specials and interviews, and at 10 bucks a pop on DVD, it's not like the guys makin' a huge profit. In fact, I kinda' always wondered why this wasn't shown on television in it's entirety, and if it ever was, it should have been shown more then once.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Yeah, that does sound great to own and everything. And I do also agree with it being shown on TV, respectfully of course.

And you arn't supposed to be here today?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
... that's awful. :/ I know some celebrities funerals were big and televised, but I always thought his was private. Thefore it should remain that way. That's really disrespectful. Just to make a quick buck. :/

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
I always thought his was private. Thefore it should remain that way. That's really disrespectful. Just to make a quick buck. :/
It wasnt private. It was open to the public. Jim wanted it to be big and colorful. I dont think Its bad that we want to see it. Ive had it on DVD for a long time now.

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
I have it and paid a pretty penny on it, but it was well worth it. It was so nice to see the performers performing their characters. But boy did I cry. There were a few shots that Richard was in, and to think that what two years later he passed away, just yeah a little teary eyed there. Although there is a story that Frank shares with what over two hundred people that boy I think I would have only shared that story with just my close friends. The story just shows to us that Jim was a very sweet and funny person, who a ton of people still miss dearly. Anyways okay I'm done with my spiel. I'm just glad someone put it on e-bay to share with us, because it really touched my heart as a puppeteer seeing how much the Muppet performers really cared about their captain. Okay now I'm done..:smile:

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Well, technically it's still /mostly/ private, as it's not being sold out in the mainstream as far as I know. So now there's all the people at the funeral, plus thirty other people who bought it. So it's kiiind of still private...if that raises anyone's spirits at all...Well, actually, now it'll be thirty one, because hearing all those descriptions, I'm ruuully thinking of buying it :wink:.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
"all those people"? There were thousands in attendance, standing, sitting on the floors, on shoulders etc etc...

I was ment to be something to be seen and enjoyed.

Im against the eBay guys making money from it, But Im not against people seeing it.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Hey, I just found out, for those of you who haven't seen any Jim Henson Funeral clips, and would like to, if you go on ebay and search for Jim henson's funeral, and click on the one that is not being discussed here, it'll bring up three clips of it. One is of Frank Oz, one is of Big Bird singing It's Not Easy Bein Green (And literally, I cried), and the other is of the Muppeteers singing, tee hee. Just to let you know, most of you probably already know if it's existance. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.