Jim Henson's Message and Legacy

doctort13

Reaction score
Jim's message to his children

"Please watch out for each other and love and forgive everybody. It's a good life, enjoy it"

I think that this sentence speaks volumes.

puppet builder

Reaction score
Jim Henson's Message & Legacy

Though I never knew Mr. Henson personally, I was a first generation Sesame Street kid. Having just watched the 35th anniversary episode of the show that aired last night, I'm happy to report that "I always will be"!

That sense of fun and decency carries through with every project they did.

It inspires me to live the same way each and every day and carry that message forward for the next generation.

doctort13

Reaction score
Me too

I am also from the first generation of Sesame viewers, infact my wife and I are too old to be Generstion X so about 8 years ago I began saying we are from the Sesame Street Generation. I guess that could mean anyone who watched the show in the last 35 years...oh well it still sounds fun!

So Puppet Builder, I guess you are a "puppet builder"...me too too :wink:

Click on my sig to learn more about me if you wish.

Camellia

Reaction score
fabulous project! Please read all the books you can find on Jim Henson, including The Works and of Muppets and Men, usually available at libraries because they are out of print. :smile: I believe his message was well said at his memorial service/funeral. He wanted people to enjoy life, make a difference, take care of each other, and follow their dreams. :smile:
God Bless You Jim! :smile:

Camellia

Reaction score
"take care of each other..."

That was the message he left in his will for his children. It's a good one. :smile: Important for everyone to do... take care of family and loved ones. :smile:

McFraggle

Reaction score
Jim left behind a positive legacy. It shows in the lasting admiration for his works in some cases 35 years later. He appealed not only to children, but the entire family. He was probably his generation's "Walt Disney" in that respect.

Rugby

Reaction score
"He was probably his generation's "Walt Disney" in that respect."

Oh, he definitely was. There's no doubt about that.

IMO, Jim was the last of his kind. What other people in the entertainment industry are out there willing to do what Jim did? I loved Jim's hiring style. I liked how he would hire fans that imitated his work. I think he was a believer of imitation being the highest form of flattery. He also didn't portray what he did as being all about the money like most people in the entertainment industry today. He seemed truly content on entertaining people in his own original way. Everything he did seemed to come from the heart which felt highly genuine. No other person in the entertainment industry has made me feel this way since. We certainly lost a one of a kind, gentle soul. It's too bad more people haven't learned by Jim's example. Now it's all about the $$$$$.

puppet builder

Reaction score
Jim's Legacy Is Strong

IMO, Jim was the last of his kind. What other people in the entertainment industry are out there willing to do what Jim did? I loved Jim's hiring style. I liked how he would hire fans that imitated his work. I think he was a believer of imitation being the highest form of flattery. He also didn't portray what he did as being all about the money like most people in the entertainment industry today. He seemed truly content on entertaining people in his own original way. Everything he did seemed to come from the heart which felt highly genuine. No other person in the entertainment industry has made me feel this way since. We certainly lost a one of a kind, gentle soul. It's too bad more people haven't learned by Jim's example. Now it's all about the $$$$$.