Jim Henson's Mother Goose on R1 DVD

muppet_dk

Reaction score

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
:excited:

Over the summer I contacted HIT! entertainment several times about a possible "Jim Henson's Mother Goose Stories" release on DVD format. The people at HIT! responded to my letters (as the always seem to do). They said that at that moment there were no solid plans for a product in the "Mother Goose Stories" franchise, but their development and brand team will consider how to fully use many of the newly aquired Henson rights. They said they will pass my letters, and interest along to the propper people to ensure my opinon is heard. Below is a copy of the letter I sent to them. I guess they heard me.

Dear HIT Entertainment,

The television show “Jim Henson’s Mother Goose Stories” was one of the most entertaining and imaginative shows I ever saw, and I would adore seeing a complete collection of all 14 episodes of “Jim Henson’s Mother Goose Stories” on the DVD format. I'm sure all the parties involved would want the show properly re-released to the public, and recognize a great marketplace for it.

“Jim Henson’s Mother Goose Stories” was a delightful show, directed by the wonderful director Brian Henson. Each episode features a wonderful Muppet Mother Goose, who shares a inside look at familiar nursery rhymes with here three impatient goslings. The show is excellent for all ages, from young children, to adults. It has touched many people, including me, and a re-release of this show would allow this show to touch more people over 14-years after it first ran on TV.

“Jim Henson’s Mother Goose Stories” has touched the lives of so many people; millions of people grew-up with the stories and the show, and to be able to see the show again would make thousands of fans smile with joy. It’s been over 14-years since “Jim Henson’s Mother Goose Stories” first aired on television, and today fans are still excited by any news about the show. I hope that HIT Entertainment and The Jim Henson Company can work together to create a great DVD collection for the existing fans of “Jim Henson’s Mother Goose Stories”, and also build a new generation of fans. Thank you for your time and consideration. Please keep the magic of the show alive, and bring the world Mother Goose Stories again.
There are 14 episodes (half-hour each) of the show, I hope they release more DVDs so we are able to see all the episodes again on glorious DVD.

Epidoes List:
1) Humpty Dumpty (Pilot Episode)
2) PussyCat, PussyCat/Little Bo Peep/Willie Winkle
3) Pat-A-Cake/The Giant/It's Raining, It's Pouring
4) Queen Of Hearts/Ride A Cock Horse To Banbury Cross/Hickety Pickety
5) Tommy Tittlemouse/Mother Hubbard/The Prince And The Beggars
6) A Song Of Sixpence/Jack & Jill/Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star
7) Mary, Mary/Mary's Little Lamb/Man In The Moon
8) Margery Daw/Hector Protector/Baa Baa Blacksheep
9) Dicky Birds/Rub A Dub Dub/Humpty Dumpty
10) Hickory Dickory Dock/Duke Of York/Hey, Diddle Diddle
11) Old King Cole/Eenie Meenie/Little Nut Tree
12) Little Girl With A Curl/Crooked Man/Tommy Tucker
13) Eensy Weensy Spider/Little Jack Horner/Little Boy Blue
14) Little Miss Muffet/Jack Be Nimble/Peter, Peter Pumpkin Eater
I can't wait untill we get more details of this product (exact episode listings, details, extras, ect.) I'm sure we'll get them soon. This is exciting news. I loved Jim Henson's Mother Goose Stories and I am happy it will been released again!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
This is some cool news, I will be buying them! (I have the 2 Disney released on VHS back in 95 or 96) :smile:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I e-mailed HIT! Entertainment about this to see if it was true and if I could get any more details. They got back to me and here is they responce, enjoy:

---
Thank you for contacting us. We will be releasing two of Jim Henson's Mother Goose stories (Humpty Dumpty and Jack & Jill) on VHS/DVD on January 25. If sales of these are good more releases could follow.

Thank you for your interest in HIT Entertainment.

---

So it is true! So be sure to get these DVDs when they came out so HIT releases more episodes of this great show!

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I sent another E-mail off to HIT! this morning asking for more details on this product and they quickly replied with all the details! Encluding episode listings! Enjoy:

----

Thank you for contacting us. We will be releasing two of Jim Henson's
Mother Goose Stories on VHS and DVD starting January 25, 2005.

Jim Henson's Mother Goose Stories: Humpty Dumpty will feature 7 stories (plus 2 bonus episodes on the DVD version). The stories are: Humpty Dumpty; Mother Hubbard; Little Boy Blue; It's Raining, It's Pouring; Dicky Bird; and Little Girl with a Curl.

Jim Henson's Mother Goose Stories:Jack & Jill will feature 6 stories (plus 2 bonus episodes on the DVD version). The stories are : Jack & Jill; Pat-A-Cake; Old King Cole; Miss Muffet; PussyCat, PussyCat; and Man in the Moon.

The DVD's will feature 2 bonus episodes on each DVD not found on the VHS releases, these story titles are not avalible at this time. (Please note: all information in subject to change).

Thank you for your interest in HIT Entertainment.

----

Of the 40 stories made 17 will make it onto DVD (13 on VHS). That still leaves 23 more to release on subsequent releases if these sell well. So be sure to pick them up! This is awesome news

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I contacted HIT! entertainment again, and asked from the full details of the DVDs and VHS (encluding the bonus episodes and any possible special features), and the possibility of more of these. They replied with all the details they could, there is a bit of more information than we had before, and here you have it.

Jim Henson's Mother Goose Stories:Jack & Jill on DVD & VHS6 Stories (plus 2 bonus episdoes on the DVD version):
    • Humpty Dumpty
    • Mother Hubbard
    • Little Boy Blue
    • It's Raining, It's Pouring
    • Dicky Bird
    • Little Girl with a Curl
    • Duke of York (Bonus Episode only on the DVD version)
    • Tommy Tucker (Bonus Episode only on the DVD version)

Jim Henson's Mother Goose Stories: Jack & Jill on DVD & VHS
6 Stories (plus 2 bonus episdoes on the DVD version):
    • Jack & Jill
    • Pat-A-Cake
    • Old King Cole
    • PussyCat, PussyCat
    • Man in the Moon
    • Little Miss Muffet
    • Willie Winkle (Bonus Episode only on the DVD version)
    • A Song of Sixpence (Bonus Episode only on the DVD version)
Both of these VHS & DVD will be released on January 25, 2005. They should be avaliable in most stores where videos and DVDs are sold. The average retail price should be around $9.99 each.

There are still 22 of the 38 stories from the show that will not be found on these releases. HIT! Entertainment will see how these first two videos and DVDs sell before commiting to producing more. If they do sell well they will create more DVDs similar to the first two to continue the line. So please buy these DVDs or videos so HIT! continues the series.