Jim Henson's Pajanimals debuts on NBC Kids Saturday July 7, 2012

pajanimalover

Reaction score
So glad to see it on a regular station too! My kids and I love this show, I love the music! It's not on in the west coast until 4:30... set the DVR so I don't forget.

Rugby

Reaction score
I don't know where else to post this question, but is this a Disney production or something Brian Henson is working on? Since the Jim Henson Company was sold to Disney, the Henson family gave up their rights to the Jim Henson and Muppet names, didn't they? I would really love to see the Henson family re-emerge into the muppet world somehow, but am almost certain this isn't possible anymore.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Jim Henson Company wasn't sold to Disney, just what we now consider "The Classic Muppet" characters (Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, etc). That's all that was sold to Disney, everything else JHC still holds the rights too (except for Fraggle Rock, they just up and gave the rights to that one away).

Hubert

Reaction score
I sorta did this thing called forgetting today...so I was only able to catch the tail end of it, but I did like what I saw.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wouldn't know, because again, not only was it completely pre-empted by the Tour de France, but there wasn't a later broadcast or repeat or anything, so I missed out completely.

Rugby

Reaction score
That's awesome that the Jim Henson Company still exists then.

Hubert

Reaction score
The Jim Henson Company wasn't sold to Disney, just what we now consider "The Classic Muppet" characters (Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, etc). That's all that was sold to Disney, everything else JHC still holds the rights too (except for Fraggle Rock, they just up and gave the rights to that one away).
No, JHC still has the Fraggle Rock stuff, doesn't it?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
They still have the Fraggle Rock rights. I don't know where you hear they didn't. Maybe the MOVIE rights, not the rights to the show.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The second episode of Pajanimals airs this morning at 9:30 central, 10:30 eastern in most areas of the country. (Check local times in your area.) The episode features the shorts, "A Present for Mom" and "Queen for a Night".

Tune in on NBC and let us know your thoughts.