1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Jim Henson's Pajanimals

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by GelflingWaldo, Apr 27, 2008.

1. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Pajanimals are soft and cuddly characters from the creative minds at The Jim Henson Company. Featuring imaginative stories, songs, and adorable puppets characters, the Pajanimals' bedtime antics are designed to help parents and children unwind at the end of the day. In addition special merchandise releases, "Jim Henson's Paganimals" is set to debut on PBS KIDS Sprout later this spring.
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Sounds cute, but... I don't particularly like this passage:

If anyone knows 4Kids like I do, they'll tout a large line of merchandise months in advance, and we'll never see anything come out of it.

Still waiting for a Hudson Horsetachio plush... Not gonna happen.
  3. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Pajanimals is set for TV debut in November '08!

This original, live-action musical series is planned to debut on PBS KIDS Sprout in November 2008 as part of the evening programming block. Created by Jeff Muncy and Jim Henson’s Creature Shop, Pajanimals will star four cute and cuddly puppets -- a horse named Sweetpea Sue, a duck named Squacky, a cow named Cow Bella, and a puppy named Apollo.
  4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Those puppets look neat! JHC has a lot of productions on their hands.
  5. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

i just wonder how long THIS show will last! :confused: anyone remember "Animal Jam" anyone? and that show lasted how long? :coy:
  6. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

That's pretty cute there. I really like the Duck's character design... I noticed he has a slight Plucky Duck type lisp....
  8. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Wow! Is that Dave Goelz?
  9. GSmiley2007

GSmiley2007 Member

I think it is!

As for other performers, I can hear Alice Dinnean-Vernon and Victor Yerrid, but I'm not sure who the other Muppeteer's voice is... it could be Julianne Buescher for the horse, though.

And if it is Dave Goelz for the dog, this may be one of the few times a classic Muppeteer performs with a new generation of Muppeteers. It'll be cool, if not for the fact that I don't get PBS Kids Sprout. :(

Although I'm disgusted to hear that 4Kids (the worst dubber of Japanese anime, ever) is teaming up with the Jim Henson Company (the best kids' company, ever!) to launch merchandise to tie in with the show's debut in November.
  10. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

No, Apollo (the dog) is performed by John Kennedy.
  11. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

Errgh. Makes me think of Yu Gi Oh * Shudder *
  12. Luke

Luke Active Member

At first on hearing about this i thought here's yet another stinker from JHC (Animal Jam, Tomie De Paulo) but on seeing it, my my, this has serious potential, The puppetry, writing and direction are beautiful. I've always thought JHC are great at kids telly when they get it right (Hoobs, Moppatop, Fraggle and Bear being good examples) and i think they've hit on something here. Hope it takes off!

I honestly think they do need to streamline what theyre doing tho - dump skrumps, dump puppetup, dump plans for any book adaptions, dump the embarrassing Sam Plenty - just concentrate on Fraggle, Pajanimals, the Weinstein fairy story movies, and sort out some kind of new Farscape style sci-fi. When they take on too much the quality tends to go right down.
  13. The Shoe Fairy

I must admit I find this show very cute, But I wish we saw some actual footage; not just a song.
  14. Teenager's

Teenager's Member

Yea. I think this will be an interesting show.

Just a side note though......I like the design.....but for all of them except the duck the mouths really overpower the face and you lose eye contact Really easily....Just watch that clip & the dogs nose blocks his eyes Really well when he's trying to sing a sincere song....

It just works against them.

Great song & cinematography though!
  15. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Wow..they all have the same mom?:confused: I wonder if they are adopted....I really like the horse :)
  16. The Shoe Fairy

It's the dog that does it for me as my favourite one. But I don't think that the mother is a mother as such, merely a carer (eg. Ms Clavelle in Madeline).
  17. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Well, they all call her mom though:coy:
  18. The Shoe Fairy

Just thought of something. Mother can refer to a nun as a rank, so what if they are in the care of a nun. That or mom "Midnight snuggled" with 4 different dads.
  19. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Dum dum daah:eek:! Oh, the gossip! But that is likely...
  20. Luke

Luke Active Member

I can just see the meeting now at Jim Henson Company studios -

Brian - I know, lets do a puppet show with a nun who sleeps around

Lisa - OOoh yeah, and we can get Snoop Dog back to play the priest

:eek: