Jim Hill another Muppet/Disney B.S. Story

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
So, despite all this license talk, should we actually believe all the Superstar Limo stuff and the other things he said?

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by BoyRaisin2
should we actually believe all the Superstar Limo stuff and the other things he said?
The thing with Jim Hill is that he grabs onto a tiny piece of info (be it news or just a rumor going around) that we all already know about - then uses it as an excuse for another one of his disasterous Muppet articles that expands into a long and usually ridiculous story of spin, rumor, unfounded opinion, and outdated stories from the days when he was held in a little higher regard. What makes it far worse is that he writes all this in a tone and style that implies everything he says is 'insider fact' which invariably it isn't. It used to be slightly entertaining but now people are becoming wise to him, it isn't.

What to believe ? I think it's very hard for us to tell anymore because anything that had an element of the truth about it is usually mutated to fit into whatever of his opinions he'd like you to believe that day - and anything that doesn't fit into his way of thinking gets convieniently left out or dismissed. Take the "Miss Piggy's Superstar Limo" story - it was him who announced both it's commisioning and cancellation as some kind of 'insider fact' yet who's to say the story was accurate in the first place ?

I'm just glad it looks like his days of writing here are over - it was a big mistake, especially after he had been dumped by LP and spoken to other Muppet sites, and the majority of people didn't enjoy it. His repuation has gone down loads since then so we'd likely lose even more credibility. Whether or not he was some kind of 'insider' in the past or more likely, had a few contacts both Disney and Henson seem to scoff at that idea now.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
I'm just glad it looks like his days of writing here are over - it was a big mistake, especially after he had been dumped by LP and spoken to other Muppet sites, and the majority of people didn't enjoy it. His repuation has gone down loads since then so we'd likely lose even more credibility. Whether or not he was some kind of 'insider' in the past or more likely, had a few contacts both Disney and Henson seem to scoff at that idea now.
I didn't realize Laughing Place had dumped him.

Interesting. Very very interesting.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
I didn't realize Laughing Place had dumped him.
From what i gather he went from Laughing Place in late 2001 - i think he was dumped, at least there was some hullaballoo at the time i remember reading about. He had previously been fired by 'Mouseplanet' and has moved around many, many sites. In fact this wasn't even the first Muppet site he approached and was asking for money for the series of articles he was writing about the Disney/Henson situation. It seems his credibility has been a mess since very early 2001 when he trashed a Disney project for ages and then did a U-turn overnight when it became clear that he had been talking rubbish the complete time. Since he's had his own site there have apparently been a few times when this kinda situation has cropped up again and he was accused of going back and re-editing some of the content so he didn't look so bad when certain things he said turned out to be wrong. He also seems to have had a pre-occupation in the past with this 'Superstar Limo' ride he said the Muppets would be involved with and has written extensively about it which makes me think even more he completely made the Muppet association up just because he needed something that sounded like a scoop which he had knowledge of.

If you do a search for past USENET archives at www.deja.com it is full of people right from pre-2000 until now complaining about Jim Hill's articles for EXACTLY the same reasons we have been doing more recently with his Muppet stuff. Although i have no personal bad feelings towards the guy (it's just his work that irks me) it does astound me how the heck he managed to get taken on here with a reputation like this !

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
I want to know where Jim Hill's magical e-mail and phone calls come from? In his "For Why" Column, when someone ask a question and he magically get an answer from some inside sources very quickly. Did anybody see that when Eisner confirmed that Disney was interested, Hill didn't respond at first and then tell everybody knew along about it. :confused: Oh, get this, in his latest article today supposely :wink: Imageering contacted him and told him that the Monster INC version of Superstar Limo is canceled that was mentioned in his Henson piece over the weekend. :rolleyes:

Jim, should work for the Disney-Henson verison of the National Enquier. "In Today latest Headline, Jim Hill uncover the shocking secerts of Michael Eisner and Brian Henson's love child or maybe Jim Hill find out that all Henson employee are really pengiuns". :big_grin:

If Hill want people to believe, he got to show some proof. I don't even buy the stuff he saying about how he wrote a script for the "Haunted Mansion" back in the early 90's for the "Wonderfull Of Disney".

I dare Jim to come on these board and talk to us. :attitude:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Originally posted by Bean Bunny
Jim, should work for the Disney-Henson verison of the National Enquier. "In Today latest Headline, Jim Hill uncover the shocking secerts of Michael Eisner and Brian Henson's love child or maybe Jim Hill find out that all Henson employee are really pengiuns". :big_grin:
Wouldn't it be wild if he wrote an article about Michael Eisner having an obsession with Jim Henson? In his basement, there's a big Jim Henson portrait, homemade puppets in his closet, and a mouse and frog in a tank?

Hey, my "sources" told me. :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by BoyRaisin2

What I find "odd" is Hill's friend's claim is that Disney cannot put forward the money to have the Muppets on TV on a weekly basis and put them in theme park rides (which you ain't got to do right away). As for the licensing, though it might be true, he also daid this was a problem in the 1989 merger in his "When You Wish Upon A Frog" articles.
Maybe that's because they p**s money away on crap like Jungle Book 2 and Peter Pan 2!:mad: :eek: :boo: :sleep: