Jim's banjo design

puppetguy

Reaction score
I saw the design for the proposed Jim Henson figure and I love everything except the design for the banjo. I wondered if the designer actually looked at a banjo before it was drawn. The neck of the banjo has the wrong head-stock and the design indicates 6-strings. The Muppet Jim's banjo (and most other banjos) only have 5, four tuners on the head-stock and a fifth string that runs a little over halfway up the neck. Also, the design suggests a sound hole on the head of the banjo, which is also wrong...banjos do not have sound holes.
Yeah, so maybe this is extremely picky, but I know there were piano enthusiasts who were happy with the attention to detail given to Rowlf's piano. There are banjo enthusiasts who would appreciate the same courtesy.

Will there be figures of the Frank and Jerry puppets to complete the Country Trio?
David

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
I'm a banjo fan too and really want this one to be as accurate as possible!

(yes, if it has strings, I at least know some basics of playing it :wink:)

Luke

Reaction score
It might be worth you guys posting about this in 'Ask Ken' so he gets to see it directly - i agree it'd be good to get it accurate and i'm sure to an extent Ken would want that just as much as everybody although he does have the overall 'look' to consider too, but if he's not a banjo expert he just has to do his best in coming up with what he thinks looks good in prototypes and sketches.