Jim's Birthday is coming up...

Frogster

Reaction score
:smile: The late Jim Henson is turning 67 in a little over the week; so I thought I'd start early and put an appreciation thread out. (As if there hasn't been one!) I've mentioned before that I was basically born with Kermit at my right side. The stuffed animal I've had of him has been with me thru every heart and ear surgery, and I can't help but thank Jim for creating him. He gave me hope. I knew that when I got out of the O.R., I would get to see The Muppet Show on cable in the hospital. I know that wouldn't sound like something to look foward to when it comes to someone being a little older, but when you're a kid, you see so much life and happiness that shines thru in all of the famous Muppet characters; whether you're watching Bert and Ernie argue about playing a game with rhymes, or if it's Statler and Waldorf cutting down Fozzie's acts for the upteenth time, or if it's watching Gobo get his latest postcard while dodging Sprocket. There are far too many things out there that you could pick. But what mattered to me as a kid, and what still is important to me now, is that when I turned on the TV to watch the Muppets, I wanted to see their creator, James Maury Henson. :smile:

baby sinclair

Reaction score
Thanks jim you gave me the best years of my child hood .And have inspired me to turn my creations into stars .I also admire how you never lost your faith and even when labyrith was a let down you dusted your self off and went at something else.I hope that some day i might be able to be as great as you.(maybe not) But any wayz thankz for sharing you imagination with all of us and we miss you .............deeply.

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Jim Henson gave me the motivation to be myself. At the age of ten, after I saw Muppets Tonight and read his biography, I knew that puppetry was the combination of all my interests that I had been searching for -- no matter if they were "for little kids".

His character has helped me beyond that, encouraging me to see that there is a positive aspect to every situation. Jim lived as an example to us all of how to care about other people.

Whatever my future career holds for me, I will always be proud to procalim Jim Henson as my foremost creative influence. September 24th will ALWAYS be a special day on my calendar. :smile:

CarburetorJane

Reaction score
Also, it's Steve's birthday too. How old will he be?

Man, I still can't get over their birthdays being on the same day!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
CarburetorJane said:
Also, it's Steve's birthday too. How old will he be?

Man, I still can't get over their birthdays being on the same day!
Yeah! That's really interesting anyway happy birhday to both of them.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
I have a black and white photo of Jim surrounded by Kermit, Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, Swedish Chef and Waldorf. I have it framed and hanging directly over my work desk. Every day, I look up to see Jim & co. looking out at me and it's like being around good friends all day long.

Jim Henson and his characters have been in my heart all my life. My greatest Muppet memory was at a Muppets Live show where Beauregard (after trying in vain to sweep up a pile of dirt, it kept moving away from him) pulled my dad onstage and handed him a broom. Beauregard then sat right next to me and motioned for my dad to take over. I just sat there and stared awestruck at Beau. This was Jim's work...surprising us at every turn. I will always be amazed at everything he accomplished.

Thank you, Jim.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
According to some sites online,he would have been 68(born in 36).Jim's always been my idol,for about 30 years or so.He's shown to me,that a person can create almost (infinity) with his imagination,and still have left over;linguistically speaking.Happy Birthday Mr. Jim Henson!!

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
How do I begin...

Jim we miss you
And thoughts of you bring tears to my eyes
Thank you for your inspiration
For your eternal friends
For hope in the future
And puppets that will last for years to come

And Steve!
Took over a hard role
And you have kept it to this day