Joe Alaskey

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS’S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

Super Scooter requested that I make Joe Alaskey my next V/A focus. You might’ve seen Joe as Uncle Beano from the 80’s sitcom, Out of this World. When the great Mel Blanc had passed away, WB started getting lots of different voice artists to voice the Looney Tunes. And Joe Alaskey was one of the many talented voicemen they got to voice certain characters like Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck, alternating with Noel Blanc, Jeff Bergman, Greg Burson, and Billy West. Joe occasionally got to voice his own original characters like Plucky Duck from Tiny Toons and the Lobster Mobster from The Little Mermaid TV series.

ALL GROWN UP: Grandpa Lou Pickles
ANOTHER FROGGY EVENING: Marvin Martian
AVATAR, THE LAST AIRBENDER: Broadswordsman, Dealer
THE BABY HUEY SHOW(1995): Baby Huey(second voice)
BACK TO THE FUTURE(ANIMATED): Sheriff
BAH HUMDUCK, A LOONEY TUNES XMAS: Daffy Duck, Sylvester, Foghorn Leghorn, Pepe Le Pew, Marvin the Martian
BALTO 2: Hunter, Nuk
BONKERS: Flaps the Elephant
BUGS BUNNY AND TAZ, TIME BUSTERS(VG): Count Blood Count
BUGS BUNNY LOST IN TIME(VG): Daffy Duck, Marvin Martian, Rocky, Mugsy
THE BUGS N’ DAFFY SHOW: Daffy Duck singing in the main theme
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR OF STAR COMMAND: Soda Vendbot, Newspaper Vendbot
CARROTBLANCA: Daffy Duck, Sylvester
CASPER(THE MOVIE): Stinkie
CASPER(THE 1996 TV SERIES): Stinkie, Narrator
CODENAME, KIDS NEXT DOOR: Principal Smelling
D.C. FOLLIES: Certain voices
DUCK DODGERS(TV SERIES): Daffy Duck/Duck Dodgers, Marvin Martian, additional voices
DUCKMAN: Duckman’s Yogi Sounding Father
ELF BOWLING, THE MOVIE: Santa Claus
ESCAPE FROM MONKEY ISLAND(VG): Digg the Lucre Lawyer, Judge Edd
FORREST GUMP: Voice of Richard Nixon
HARVEY BIRDMAN, ATTORNEY AT LAW: Peter Potamus(first voice)
HEY ARNOLD VETERANS’ DAY SPECIAL: German Major
THE JUNKYARD RUN(VG): Daffy Duck, Sylvester, Tortoise, Tweety
JUSTICE LEAGUE, THE NEW FRONTIER: Bugs Bunny
KINGFISH, A STORY OF HUEY P. LONG: Kingfish
THE LEGEND OF SASQUATCH: Dave
LIFE WITH LOUIE: Dexter K. Hill III
THE LITTLE MERMAID(THE SERIES): Lobster Mobster
LOONATICS UNLEASHED: Sylth Vester, The Royal Tweetums, Melvin Martian, Stoney the Stone
LOONEY TUNES ACME ARSENAL(VG): Bugsy Bunny, Daffy Duck, Sylvester, Marvin Martian
LOONEY TUNES BACK IN ACTION: Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Sylvester, Beaky Buzzard, Mama Bear
LOONEY TUNES RACING(VG): Daffy Duck, Evil Scientist, Gossamer, Marvin Martian, Rocky, Smokey the Genie, Sylvester
LOONEY TUNES SPACE RACE(VG): Bugsy Bunny, Daffy Duck, Sylvester, Marvin Martian
MARVIN THE MARTIAN IN THE THIRD DIMENSION: Daffy Duck, Marvin Martian, K9
MIGHTY MOUSE, THE NEW ADVENTURES: Sourpuss
RUGRATS(MOVIES AND SERIES): Grandpa Lou Pickles(second voice)
SCOOBY DOO AND THE CYBER CHASE: Officer Wembley
SPACED INVADERS: Dr. Ziplock
SPIDER MAN 2(VG): Dr. Curt Connors
SPIDER MAN, FRIEND OR FOE(VG): Dr. Octopus
SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS, CREATURE FROM THE KRUSTY KRAB(VG): Mermaid Man
STAR WARS, THE PHANTOM MENACE(VG): Important Merchant, Interpreter, Watto's Flunky
SYLVESTER AND TWEETY MYSTERIES: Sylvester, Tweety
TEAMO SUPREMO: Chief(sometimes)
TIMBER WOLF: Thomas Timber Wolf
TIME SQUAD: Robin Hood, Samuel F.B. Morse, Wilbur Wright
TINY TOON ADVENTURES: Plucky Duck, Sylvester
TWEETY’S HIGH FLYING ADVENTURE: Sylvester, Tweety, Col. Rimfire, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Marvin the Martian, Henry Hawk
WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT?: Yosemite Sam
WISH FOR WINGS THAT WORK: Truffles, The Ducks

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Fantastic! Thanks a lot. I didn't realize he was Richard Nixon's voice in Forrest Gump.

I also didn't realize he only voiced Yosemite Sam once. Odd. Probably didn't like doing it any more than Mel Blanc did.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I Remeber him most from the rugrats, but i didn't know he did all those other voices. its pretty neat that he did all of those voices in Tweetys High Flying Adventure (which was on just this morning on CN)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Personally, I don't think he did quite as good a job at voicing some of the Looney Tunes; I kind of liked Billy West's Bugs and Elmer, Dee Bradley Baker's Daffy Duck, Bob Bergen's Marvin the Martian, Tweety Pie, Porky Pig, and Bill Farmer's Yosemite Sam, Foghorn Leghorn, and Sylvester, but that's just me.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Fantastic! Thanks a lot. I didn't realize he was Richard Nixon's voice in Forrest Gump.
Whoa! That is crazy!

I kind of liked Billy West's Bugs and Elmer, Dee Bradley Baker's Daffy Duck, Bob Bergen's Marvin the Martian, Tweety Pie, Porky Pig
Yeah, I think I like billy west better myself.

I thought his Grandpa Lou was pretty good but it just sounded really silly to me. :zany:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I disagree. I think he's the BEST Looney Tunes voice actor since Mel Blanc passed. The only one I can't stand is whoever the heck did Bugs's voice in Bugs and friends sing the Beatles. he sounds pretty off in that one.

And I have to say this... as far as Daffy and Sylvester are concerned? When Mel Blanc recorded the characters, he pretty much did a similar voice, but Daffy was sped up. Joe really gives them personalities in their lisps that make them sound different.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I definitely prefer Joe Alaskey's Bugs to Billy West's, though Billy West does AMAZING with Elmer Fudd. I'd have to watch Space Jam again, but if I remember, West's Bugs wasn't always there.

Personally, I think it's better when one person plays as many of Mel's characters as possible. After all, Mel Blanc's characters all sound alike anyway. :wink:

Basically, with a few exceptions (such as Yosemite Sam), I think the cast in Looney Tunes: Back In Action was just about perfect with the characters.

... Though, I still think I do a better Daffy Duck. :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't know who knows this, but Mel Blanc never actually did the voice of Elmer Fudd, NOR Yosemite Sam; he just simply received billing for all character voices, hence why he was nicknamed "The Man of A Thousand Voices".

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I don't know who knows this, but Mel Blanc never actually did the voice of Elmer Fudd, NOR Yosemite Sam; he just simply received billing for all character voices, hence why he was nicknamed "The Man of A Thousand Voices".
Yeah, Arthurt Q. Bryan was Elmer... but Mel Blanc ALWAYS performed Yosemite Sam. Right up until Who Framed Roger Rabbit... he just hated doing the voice because of how much it hurt.

Plus, he did perform almost every voice on Looney Tunes. There are a few exceptions like Stan Freberg and June Foray and that guy that played Papa Bear, but Mel Blanc has definitely earned his title of "The Man of A Thousand Voices" (even if he claims to have only counted 850).

Oh, and after Arthur Q. Bryan died, there were a few times where Mel Blanc played Elmer Fudd, and he did the voice at least once before Bryan died (in 1950 for The Scarlet Pumpernickel).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, Arthurt Q. Bryan was Elmer... but Mel Blanc ALWAYS performed Yosemite Sam. Right up until Who Framed Roger Rabbit... he just hated doing the voice because of how much it hurt.
A clarification. Mel Blanc DID play Elmer Fudd on occassion

Fudd was originally voiced by radio actor Arthur Q. Bryan, but twice in Bryan's lifetime the voice was provided by the versatile Mel Blanc. Once, in The Scarlet Pumpernickel (1950), only a single line was needed, and bringing in Bryan was not cost effective. Later, during the musician's union strike of 1958, Blanc did the voice for Elmer's co-starring appearance in Pre-Hysterical Hare. There is no documented reason for Bryan's absence, leaving some fans to speculate that he refused to cross the picket lines. In 1959, Bryan passed away aged 60, and Hal Smith was selected to replace him as Elmer, but after just two cartoons were recorded by the new actor, and another was made in which Fudd has no lines and therefore no voice, the character was soon retired. Although in more recent years other voice actors have alternated as Elmer's voice, Bryan's characterization remains the definitive one. He was never credited onscreen, because Blanc had a clause in his contract that required him to receive a screen credit and, perhaps inadvertently, denied the same to other voice performers. Blanc would take on the role regularly in the 1970s and '80s, supplying Elmer's voice for new footage in compilation feature films and similar TV specials, as well as some all-new specials. He admitted in his autobiography that he found the voice difficult to get "right", never quite making it his own. In Speechless, the famous lithograph issued following Blanc's death, Elmer is not shown among the characters bowing their heads in tribute to Blanc. Elmer has also been voiced by Daws Butler, Greg Burson, Jeff Bergman, Billy West, Tom Kenny, and others over the years.
from wikipedia

I heard Hal Smith's Elmer Fudd before... but I don't like the rasp in his voice.