Joe Alaskey

Super Scooter

Reaction score
A clarification. Mel Blanc DID play Elmer Fudd on occassion.
Hehe. Yeah, I edited my post just before you posted yours.

I thought Mel Blanc played him some after his death, too, though? Hmm. Guess not.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hehe. Yeah, I edited my post just before you posted yours.

I thought Mel Blanc played him some after his death, too, though? Hmm. Guess not.

Well, Hal just performed him in 2 cartoons and a Kool Aid ad or two. I don't even think I've seen those cartoons before.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, Hal just performed him in 2 cartoons and a Kool Aid ad or two. I don't even think I've seen those cartoons before.
There's a commercial for some cereal with Elmer Fudd in it on one of the Golden Collections... I know it's not Mel Blanc, so it's possibly Hal Smith there, too. It's of Bugs and Elmer riding a bicycle.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow, "Otis" was a bigger voice artist than I realized!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wow, "Otis" was a bigger voice artist than I realized!
Oh yeah. he was all over the Flintstones and various other HB cartoons. And let's not forget he was also Gyro Gearloose and Flintheart Glomgold in Ducktales.

ANyway, back to Joe Alazky... I know he played an alien being on an episode of Disney's Doug. I forget the episode, what the title was... and every detail except it being a Quailman episode. Due of course that I've only seen it once.

And I swear he made an on camera live action appearance as a director on a Cheetos commercial (which co-incedentally had Daffy Duck in it).

Xerus

Reaction score
I disagree. I think he's the BEST Looney Tunes voice actor since Mel Blanc passed. The only one I can't stand is whoever the heck did Bugs's voice in Bugs and friends sing the Beatles. he sounds pretty off in that one.

And I have to say this... as far as Daffy and Sylvester are concerned? When Mel Blanc recorded the characters, he pretty much did a similar voice, but Daffy was sped up. Joe really gives them personalities in their lisps that make them sound different.
I too like Joe's Sylvester voice along with his Tweety voice. I first heard Joe voice Sylvester in a Tiny Toons episode and I thought he was great. And he does great work on the Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries as well as Tweety's High Flying Adventure. :smile:

And I also like Joe's Marvin the Martian voice. Especially on the Duck Dodgers show.

Xerus

Reaction score
Fantastic! Thanks a lot. I didn't realize he was Richard Nixon's voice in Forrest Gump.

I also didn't realize he only voiced Yosemite Sam once. Odd. Probably didn't like doing it any more than Mel Blanc did.
Your welcome. Yep, Joe's a talented voice guy in both cartoons and live action. :smile:

Yes, it does seem like Yosemite Sam is one of the hardest cartoon voices to do. Especially with all that wild yelling he does. And it seems like he gets passed around to different voice actors a lot. After Mel Blanc, there's Joe Alaskey, Jeff Bergman, Maurice LaMarche, Frank Gorshin, Bill Farmer, Jeff Bennett, Jim Cummings, and back to Jeff Bennett and Maurice LaMarche again. I guess it must be easier for the actors to take turns voicing the blustery cowboy.

Also in one episode of Night Court, Dan(John Larroquette) did a pretty good Yosemite Sam voice.

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember one of the cartoons where Hal Smith voiced Elmer. It was when a mountain lion hid in Elmer's house and disguised himself as a mounted lion's head on the wall. I noticed that Elmer's voice was a little different when I watched that cartoon many times as a kid.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yes, it does seem like Yosemite Sam is one of the hardest cartoon voices to do. Especially with all that wild yelling he does. And it seems like he gets passed around to different voice actors a lot. After Mel Blanc, there's Joe Alaskey, Jeff Bergman, Maurice LaMarche, Frank Gorshin, Bill Farmer, Jeff Bennett, Jim Cummings, and back to Jeff Bennett and Maurice LaMarche again. I guess it must be easier for the actors to take turns voicing the blustery cowboy.
Is there any truth to the reason why Joe voiced Yosemite Sam in Roger Rabbit because Mel just couldn't do it anymore?

I wonder when Frank Gorshin performed him. I heard he was Foghorn Leghorn in Pullet Surprise... but I never seen that one.

Xerus

Reaction score
Is there any truth to the reason why Joe voiced Yosemite Sam in Roger Rabbit because Mel just couldn't do it anymore?

I wonder when Frank Gorshin performed him. I heard he was Foghorn Leghorn in Pullet Surprise... but I never seen that one.
I haven't seen the cartoon where Frank voiced Yosemite yet. But I do remember seeing the cartoon where Frank voiced Foghorn. He co-stared with Pete Puma who was voiced by Stan Freberg. I was surprised when I read the credits and found out Frank Gorshin(The Riddler) was voicing Foghorn.