1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Joey Mazzarino leaving Sesame Street

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Pig's Laundry, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Censored

Censored Well-Known Member

Gordon and Luis were the heart. Bob was the soul.

2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Are we still talking about this

3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Don't you know it's hard for people to let it go around here? Remember how long people still kept talking about Kevin's unfortunate situation after it had happened?

4. Censored

It is yet to be resolved.

cahuenga likes this.
  5. cahuenga

cahuenga Active Member

Emilio and Roscoe said back in August that they would meet new sesame street producers in early septenber, and we would be informed about the meeting...but time passed on and we have no news about their situation en the show.

6. Censored

My point exactly. Why has Sesame Workshop gone quiet about it?

7. Oscarfan

Because they don't have to talk about it. When have they ever openly discussed the departure/hiring of certain cast members? The only time I can think of was when they got Mando and that's because it was a completely open casting call, unlike previous and subsequent ones (I assume).

They only said anything about it to quell the negative press they were getting, which sounds cynical, but that's showbiz. Unless the news bubbles up again, I don't see them addressing this in the near future.

8. Censored

Actually they do have to talk about it eventually. They made a promise and we need to see if they're going to keep their word. I know there are people on here who do not like Bob, Gordon, and Luis, but they also have many loyal fans.

cahuenga likes this.
  9. Oscarfan

Not really. SW officially said this:

I have been in touch with each of them to meet in person about how we best adapt their talents to the current content needs and preschool media landscape, in a way that honors their historic contributions. We are very grateful for the many loyal fans of Sesame who continue to care so deeply about the show and what it means to them.

Nothing in there implies a promise to include them in future content or a promise to inform the fans about their plans.

10. Censored

Yes, it does. A story needs closure.

cahuenga likes this.
  11. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

The fact that they're looking into ways to continue to utilize them in some way or form seems like it should be sufficient enough for closure, to me.

12. Censored

Words mean nothing. Only actions count. Show me the first episode that Bob, Luis and Gordon are scheduled to appear in again and how often. Now THAT is closure.

cahuenga likes this.
  13. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Here's your closure:
    http://www.mywebtimes.com/news/loca...cle_02c3841d-016c-5168-ba9c-fdfdef8c165c.html

In this interview with Bob McGrath, he states that he, Roscoe and Emilio met with Jeffery Dunn as was originally stated. He says that they will not be returning to the actual show, but they (and presumably Sonia Manzano and Alison Bartlett, possibly Loretta Long) will be part of some sort of upcoming SST "celebration". He also said that they will be involved in the planning process for the show's 50th anniversary.

14. Censored

In other words, they really were fired from the show and SW was not entirely honest about it. But it is a form of closure as deplorable as it is. Probably time for the series to close too.

15. Pig's Laundry

This is way beyond silly. Were the older humans literally the only reason you watched the show?

16. Censored

No, but it's wrong to throw loyal cast members away because they are elderly. In fact, it's disgusting.

17. Censored

The fact that they would do something like this proves that the heart and soul of Sesame Street is truly gone forever. Merry Christmas.

18. Pig's Laundry

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

[​IMG]

So anyway...

Joey and Stephanie D'Abruzzo performed a puppet together on "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" earlier this year:
    http://www.tvguide.com/news/unbreakable-kimmy-schmidt-puppazza/

Good to see Joey performing again. Maybe he can finally come back to the Muppets and perform with them some time.

D'Snowth likes this.
  19. Censored

I understand that even though I'm a loyal fan of the three veteran actors, some people might not be. I'm sorry that their talent and ability has been lost on some fans, and particularly lost on the producers today. At least now I know to have nothing more to do the modern show.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  20. Censored

BTW, it sounds like Joey Mazzarino has the right idea.