John Candy

Gremlin

Reaction score
I recently saw an old John Candy movie titled "Delirious". It was quite funny,thanks to the comic ability of the legendary John Candy, the movie was about a soap opera writer who gets in an accident and wakes up in the t.v. soap world that he created. I found the idea of Candy's character using a typewriter to change the plot of the world to be inventive...... :wink: Its worth watching........

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Gremlin said:
I recently saw an old John Candy movie titled "Delirious". It was quite funny,thanks to the comic ability of the legendary John Candy, the movie was about a soap opera writer who gets in an accident and wakes up in the t.v. soap world that he created. I found the idea of Candy's character using a typewriter to change the plot of the world to be inventive...... :wink: Its worth watching........
Omigosh!!! :crazy: I just caught this movie in the middle late at night last week, and I fell asleep before it ended. I was like, "Yay! A John Candy movie!" Never mind I didn't have much of an idea of what was going on... I did figure out it had something to do with him typing what he wanted to happen in his life. What I saw of it was funny; I just wish I'd seen the whole thing! :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Gremlin

Reaction score
Yeah, it was pretty funny, If you liked this one I recommend the movie "summer rental" or "Trains Planes And automobiles". I have always Enjoyed the films by John candy and some of the other comic actors of that time.Steve Martian,Chevy Chase,Bill Maury....Alot of older comics are just as funny, such as Abbott and Costello and Mel Brooks....Im very fond of the classics :big_grin:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Gremlin said:
Yeah, it was pretty funny, If you liked this one I recommend the movie "summer rental" or "Trains Planes And automobiles". I have always Enjoyed the films by John candy and some of the other comic actors of that time.Steve Martian,Chevy Chase,Bill Maury....Alot of older comics are just as funny, such as Abbott and Costello and Mel Brooks....Im very fond of the classics :big_grin:
LOL!!! I caught "Summer Rental" in the middle of the night a couple days later! :big_grin: Unfortunately I fell asleep on that too... :rolleyes: I should have a John Candy marathon in the middle of the DAY sometime! :wink: I have seen parts of "Planes Trains and Automobiles" but not the whole thing. I do like John Candy a lot, and I have seen several of his films all the way through.

Really!

I have!

:stick_out_tongue:
Erin

P.S. Did you ever watch the cartoon "Camp Candy" on Saturday mornings? I loved that show!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Gremlin said:
What's funny is that 95% of the people you just named ahve had some interaction with Muppets!!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
What's funny is that 95% of the people you just named ahve had some interaction with Muppets!!
:big_grin: I guess that just goes to show that the best attract the best! :wink:
Erin

Gremlin

Reaction score
yep I remember Camp Candy :smile: Could you imagine if that was a movie,well in a way it was, Think "Uncle Buck" and "The Great Outdoors" combined..... I also remember the last John Candy flick "Wagons East" it made me depressed watching it knowing that it was Candy's last flick before he died :cry: :sympathy:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Gremlin said:
I also remember the last John Candy flick "Wagons East" it made me depressed watching it knowing that it was Candy's last flick before he died :cry: :sympathy:
Hm. I never heard of that movie. I thought his last film was "Cool Runnings."
Erin

Gremlin

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Hm. I never heard of that movie. I thought his last film was "Cool Runnings."
Erin

It was about him playing as a wagon trail guide.....I think he passed away during the filming and was replaced by a stand in ,the film was quickly moved to VHS tape which may have been the reason not too many people know about it....it wasn't his best compared to his past work...

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
John Candy ... god bless his soul. :cry: Does anyone remember when he appeared on Sesame Street as his SCTV personality Yosh Shmenghe?