John Kennedy Puppet Building Special on HGTV

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Ryan beat me to posting this over at TP, so I'll scoop him here (heh heh)...

John Kennedy (a frequent Muppet performer for those who don't know him) will also be appearing on a special episode of HGTV's Carol Duvall Show. The special features craft projects from John's book "Puppet Mania" including John's popular Banana Buddies. John is interviewed on the show and shows how to build a foam rubber banana. He'll also be briefly performing some of the puppets.

The special airs next Saturday at 5pm on HGTV and there is a repeat as well I think. Unfortunately those of us in Canada won't get to see it - HGTV Canada doesn't carry this show. :cry:

...if someone would be willing to do a tape and send me a copy they'd be my new best friend!

More info from John's web site ~ http://www.puppetkit.com/c/83

The Carol Duval Show ~ http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/shows_cds

SarahFraggle

Reaction score
That's neat my mother watches that show almost every morning. :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Sarah, tell your mom to tape it! You could get into some good tape trading!

gfarkwort

Reaction score
That Bunnicula Puppet that John Kennedy made is coooool. And big to. its on his website under Articles.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I missed it. I thought it was next Sat. or I would of taped it. Next time Buck tell the date please. Thanks.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Sorry! But all the info was contained at the links I posted...I imagine it will be repeating sometime soon.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I found it right after I had wrote that. Thanks tho'

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
You didn't miss much. Carol Duvall does a craft show for HGTV/DIY. This was her annual special coverage of the hobby and craft industry trade show. There was a lot of coverage of scrapbooking and polymar (spelling?) clay. John was on near the end. I think his entire segment lasted less than a minute. He showed a little about how to make a foam banana puppet. It was cute, but very, very brief. I'm hoping she'll have him on her regular show as a guest where he would get about ten minutes.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
This is too bad...from the notice on his site it sounds like John thought there was going to be a lot more...probably they taped a lot but then heavily edited it.

Guess that's show biz :frown: