John Lennon 1940-1980

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Just wanted to mention that today is the anniversary of ex-Beatle John Lennon's tragic death.

As a Beatles fan, what I always admired about John was the power he had with his voice and with words. No matter what he was singing about, whether it was a simple love song, a protest number, or as he once put it, "literally a nonesense song", he sang with passion and heart.

Kiki

Reaction score
Heh, I was actually gonna make a thread 'bout the 25th anniversery of John Lennon's death myself but that's okay. :smile: I'm sorry glad that *somebody* remembered anywho.

So. It's been 25 years since Lennon was shot down by deranged Beatles fanatic, Mark Chapman. John was killed at 40, when he still had a lot of his life ahead of him.. :frown:

ALSO, Yoko Ono (John's widow, duh!) has called for the anniversery of John Lennon's death to become a worldwide day of forgivness from those who have suffered the unsufferable, but she still feels she's not ready to forgive John's killer for what he's done.

*Sigh*, here's to one of the most meaningful musician and person of our time...

rest in peace, John. :sympathy:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
A few days ago I listened to "Merry Christmas (War Is Over)", which was by John Lennon.

Also I was listening to a sports radio show, and they were talking about how if John Lennon was still laive and never bene shot that the Beatles would have probably got back together at some point in the 80's. Now it really depends if they got back and made some new music or they just got back and snag a lot of old music they made.

The sports radio peopel even thought that if the Beatles decided to get back for only one time, and travel around the world for that one time as a get back together concert, that ticket prices could be up in the thousands of dollar range.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Kiki said:
Heh, I was actually gonna make a thread 'bout the 25th anniversery of John Lennon's death myself but that's okay. :smile: I'm sorry glad that *somebody* remembered anywho.

ALSO, Yoko Ono (John's widow, duh!) has called for the anniversery of John Lennon's death to become a worldwide day of forgivness from those who have suffered the unsufferable, but she still feels she's not ready to forgive John's killer for what he's done.
Aw, sorry I beat you to it, Kiki. Nice to know someone else remembered. :smile:

Yeah...I've come to expect that from Yoko. But I hope she can learn to forgive eventually. Of course, it's hard to forgive when someone has taken a loved one away from you. But forgiveness isn't supposed to be easy.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
RIP Mr. Lennon. He was a fantastic musician, a fantastic...protest-y person, he always made sure his views were heard and he was just overall a fun, crazy guy. What a loss...

Teheheman

Reaction score
Imagine all the people, living for today. You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. Someday you'll join us, and the world'll live as one.
I personally think that the whole John Lennon thing was a government conspiracy. They wanted him dead. They didn't want what he brought, he was preaching peace, but they thought he was preaching to overthrow the government, and that scared the administration. That's why they tried to have him deported and planted drugs to try and get him caught for possession. That's just my opinion. Oh, and Yoko broke up the Beatles. Don't try and deny it.

Daniel

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
The Beatles haven't just lost John of course. They've also lost George. Only half the team remains. They all went together like the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle to make a picture of a marvellous band.

Their records will live on as a tribute to the genius talent they shared.
RIP John
RIP George
:cry: :cry: :cry:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
The Beatles haven't just lost John of course. They've also lost George. Only half the team remains. They all went together like the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle to make a picture of a marvellous band.
You're absolutely right. I guess I forgot the anniversary of George's passing because I was trying to block it out (as he is my favorite Beatle).

Unfortunately, John's life and even his death tended to over shadow George's. People talk about John being the rebel and the protestor, but George was the first one to speak out against the Vietnam War and make it 'cool' to sing about God. :smile:

messyplace

Reaction score
Not the nicest guy you'll ever know about by any means...but a great song writer nevertheless. RIP