John Ritter and Johnny Cash die

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
BoyRaisin2 said:
It was shaping up to be a great couple of weeks for Ritter. His friends said he was enjoying working on "8 Simple Rules"' fourth episode alongside old friends and guest stars Henry Winkler and Peter Bogdanovich. He also was looking forward to celebrating his daughter Stella's 5th birthday Thursday, his wife's birthday the following day, his own birthday Wednesday and his wedding anniversary this Thursday.
Like I said earlier, "Man..."

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Wow. Three birthdays and an anniversary. What a week to go. I'm surprised they didn't mention the "Problem Child" movies. I loved those. :crazy: He was a perfect voice for Clifford. Just what you would imagine Clifford sounding like. I didn't know his son was in "Joan of Arcadia." That looks like a good show.
Erin

MelissaY1

Reaction score
John Ritter will be missed by this fan..

Hi, everyone,
I have been totally depressed all weekend because of John Ritter's death. My mother and I were huge fans of his. We had the opportunity to see him perform live in the Broadway play "The Dinner Party" a few years back and had the chance to meet him before the show. He was so kind to us and even though it was a freezing February day he stood for pictures, gave us autographs and so forth. He was such a humble guy and he was actually a bit surprised by how much we really enjoyed his work and still watch Three's Company on an almost regular basis in my house!
I loved his new sitcom 8 Simple Rules and I'm curious to see now what the outcome of this show will be now that he's gone. I've been so depressed lately I totally forgot about his appearance on the Fantastic Miss Piggy Show, and Scot/Scarecroe, I think those pics from Muppet Magazine are wonderful. I'm saving one for my screensaver at work!
My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends who lost such a wonderful talent and a sweet guy in their lives. He will truly be missed.
God Bless You, John :frown:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
scarecroe said:
I posted pictures of John Ritter's appearance in Muppet Magazine and The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show if anyone's interested.

Thanks for posting those, Scott.

David, how many TMS episodes were there, and 35 of those guest stars are now deceased? Wow. Extensive list, good research.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I just watched ABC's tribute. It was very well done :cry:

the outcome of the show is to show the three episodes that were made, and then show an hour show of the family dealing with the loss of their father. It wasn't clear whether they have plans to try to continue after this. (but it did make it seem like any actions (if any) would be taken after a haitus) If a year was taken off, and a similar storyline was brought back with a different father, I believe it might work (and for some reason, I've become decent at predicting ABC, figure :rolleyes: )

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
I just watched ABC's tribute. It was very well done :cry:

the outcome of the show is to show the three episodes that were made, and then show an hour show of the family dealing with the loss of their father. It wasn't clear whether they have plans to try to continue after this. (but it did make it seem like any actions (if any) would be taken after a haitus) If a year was taken off, and a similar storyline was brought back with a different father, I believe it might work (and for some reason, I've become decent at predicting ABC, figure :rolleyes: )
That sounds like a good way to do it with the three episodes and then the last one. I think I'd just leave it after that though; I don't know. It seems that John Ritter was the centerpiece of the show and it doesn't make sense to go on without him. I missed the special on ABC tonight. :frown: They certainly spoke well of him on GMA. It sounded like it would have been nice.
Erin

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i watched the tribute too. it was really nice. i liked the part about how john was in a car and saw william h macy and yelled to him that he liked fargo and macy answered back by saying he liked sling blade.

on a more somber note, i heard that kaley cuoco, who plays bridget on 8 simple rules, has been taking the death of john ritter the hardest because he was like a second father to her.

personally about 8 simple rules, it a good show. its funny and i like it, however, i think it would be a very wise move on abc's part to show the remaining 3 episodes of the show, the 1 hour show where the family has to deal with the death of john's character, and just leave the show like that and end it. you take a look at what everybody on the set of the show has to deal with and i'm sure they probably don't want to continue. it wouldn't be the same for them. it wouldn't be the same for the audience. that show was about him and trying to take care of his family, but more specifically trying to deal with his 2 teenage daughters. i know this is abc's #1 show, but if i were them, i would just let the show end altogether. i think it's better for the long run for everyone.

ryan

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
The radio just announced that ABC states they plan to continue the series. I think that is going to be a bad ending of the series, because without John it's likely the show will fall into oblivion and not be watched anymore.

I also heard on the radio today that the guy who wrote "Purple People Eater" went to Johnny Cash's funeral and yesterday (?) died.

Back to 8 Simple Rules, it's still very popular, and there's 3 new episodes left, and what they need to do is (like said) show those 3 ep's and then let it go. No death of John's character or anything, because you don't want to deal with death in a sitcom, death is too real. We visit sitcoms to get away from reality and to get a laugh or two. Like Jim did with TMS, while it's popular, let it go.

dbarrie

Reaction score
Madeline Kahn died of ovarian cancer. Her illness wasn't written into the character she played on "Cosby" (the TV show she was on at the time), but it was obvious that she wasn't in good health. After she died the Cosby cast got out of their characters to do a tribute show for her, featuring clips of her character during her three years of work on the series. It got cancelled not long after this happened.

Skeeter Muppet said:
She died December 3, 1999. I forget what the cause was.

-Kim

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
"The radio just announced that ABC states they plan to continue the series. I think that is going to be a bad ending of the series, because without John it's likely the show will fall into oblivion and not be watched anymore."

Yeah I read about that in the news paper this morning, I guess it was okayed by John Ritters wife though, as i hope it wasn't all just to squeese money out of the show due to the loss, but i guess that's how the media works anyways, just bussness.