John Tartaglia and Rod on Hollywood Squares April 19-23

• Thread starter Philo and Gunge
  • Start date
P

Philo and Gunge

I read that our main man, John Tartaglia with Rod from "Avenue Q" will be on HS. It sounds like it will be fun:

(from Playbill News)

Avenue Q's Tartaglia Guests on "Hollywood Squares" in April
By Andrew Gans
09 Mar 2004

John Tartaglia, who stars as both Princeton and Rod in the hit new musical Avenue Q, will be seen on the syndicated game show "Hollywood Squares" next month.

As previously reported, Tartaglia and his Avenue Q co-star Rod — the closeted gay Republican — filmed a week's worth of "Hollywood Squares" episodes in January. Those shows will air April 19-23.

Tartaglia and Rod were recently featured in a Los Angeles Times interview; Q character Rod had this to say about his experience on the hit TV game show: "They treated me like a star! I was the upper-right square — I got to help people win a truck. It was me and Danny Bonaduce and Arianna Huffington."

The famed puppet also added at the time, "I'm loving L.A.! It is a hot city. I'm working on my tan — I don't know if you can see it or not, but I've gone from aqua to teal. Of course, sunbathing can be kind of dangerous for me, I might catch fire. Kind of scary, so I load up with SPF 90 sun block."

John Tartaglia is currently making his Broadway debut in Avenue Q at the Golden Theatre. He appeared in the recent Children of Eden benefit concert and in the City Center Encores! presentation of Carnival. His TV credits include eight seasons on "Sesame Street" as well as "Animal Jam," "Bear in the Big Blue House" and "The Rosie O'Donnell Show." Tartaglia will step into the "Broadway Spotlight" April 5 for a solo concert at the Ars Nova Theater.

"Hollywood Squares" is broadcast in the metropolitan area on WCBS-TV at 7 PM ET; for more information visit www.hollywoodsquares.com