Johnny Bravo coming to DVD

Drtooth

Reaction score
HOLY MOLEY COW!

apparently, they're kicking off the start of a "Cartoon Network All Stars" line up. I hope it's successful.. WB has a history of dropping stuff like it's hot. But this is great news.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The fact that they mentioned Seth MacFarlane seemed kind of forced, lol.

*Waits patiently for Region 1 releases of Cow and Chicken and Courage the Cowardly Dog*

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
this is a step back in the right direction but CN still has a way to go to fix itself.

*waits for Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi set*

*bring me a sandwich I may be here a while

Drtooth

Reaction score
*waits for Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi set*
I like the band, but I felt the show was nothing to write home about. Cartoons based on real bands, yes... even the Beatles, tend to stink. And Yes, even the Beatles cartoon... I still am trying to figure out why they made Ringo so incredibly stupid in that show. And much as I love the great Paul Frees, I'm disappointed he gave George and John generic British accents instead of Liverpudlian accents. As for the Ami Yumi thing, I still don't get how 2 Japanese pop stars can sound like chicks from the valley.

Now I'm really loving Chowder... the best cartoon CN has done since Billy and Mandy went off the air. AND the guy who created it? Huge Muppet fan! He even drew a Doozer into an episode.

But yeah, hopefully this is a sign of things to come. I love classic CN shows... I got the PPG set... unfortunately one of the disks didn't work right and now I got a small scratch preventing another disk from working (I HATE double disks), but for the small while when the set worked, I loved it. I really hope we get Cow and Chicken... that show is just wonderfully, divinely stupid and always manages to crack me up every time.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm, so this explains CN grabbing Johnny Bravo back from Boomerang, inserting it into their lineup at 10:30 AM. The only thing I don't like about it back on CN now... Like some of their all-star classics and modern classics, it's only airing the Spanish dubbs. CN has always had this problem when it started what would be considered their "classics".

When the network began as part of cable TV packages here in 1992, it was mostly Hanna-Barbera programming, all or mostly in Spanish. Something didn't set right with me from way back then, but that was how they operated. From 1999 onwards, with Courage, Grim Adventures—at least the first season or so—, and Johnny Bravo, they had the tendency of airing newer episodes in English and older ones in Spanish, which irritated me to no end. They should be in all-English. That's why I prefer Boomerang for some of those shows, they just added Courage at 9 PM and have had Cow and Chicken maybe an hour later at 10 PM.

Perhaps we're on the brink of a CN renaissance, if only they'd deep six the last promoted vestages of this summer's failed reality shows, Destroy Build Destroy. Ugh.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Perhaps we're on the brink of a CN renaissance, if only they'd deep six the last promoted vestages of this summer's failed reality shows, Destroy Build Destroy. Ugh.
Are those pathetic CN real shows gone over there, or is it everywhere... Everyone hated it, and I found nothing but angry rants and fan arts about that bull. I completely and utterly object to ANY live action of CN, even good stuff like the BBC Office on adult swim (PBS should still have had the rights to air it instead of their lame British CSI knockoffs)... but reality shows... I highly regard those as EVIL... look at Balloon boy, the White House gate crashers, Octomom... All wanted reality TV shows, and in the case of the latter, she got exactly what she wanted.

The thing that REALLY gets me is that the CN real line up was basically Discovery Kid's line up from 2003. All the shows were total ripoffs of old Discovery Kid's shows.

But back on the subject... I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth at all here, but I wonder why they didn't decide on releasing Dexter's Lab first. Seems that DL was the first of the CN original toons, and the second most promoted at the time after PPG. Again, not looking a gift horse in the mouth. I'm glad we're gonna get Johnny Bravo. Now if they'll only finish off Ed Edd n' Eddy and Foster's Home.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No, DBD's the only thing left. It's XD who keeps bringing in new reality shows every other month.
BTW: Was doing some research for one of my haunters, and I wanna ask... Has anybody heard of this new Toontopia TV online channel between WB and aol?

Drtooth

Reaction score
No, DBD's the only thing left. It's XD who keeps bringing in new reality shows every other month.
Other than that, I think I was right. You see, CN has been in a constant state of flux ever since Mooninite-gate and that whole PR firing (what they call someone stepping down. They really are fired, but with a bit of PR, re-labeling it "stepping down" fools people into thinking that only one person took the blame). They tried so many inane, insane tactics to try to compete with everyone else. Tickle U came out of their desire to try to compete with Nick Jr's line up, and the live action and reality shows were clearly to try to compete with Disney. And they fail every time. What I really hate was the fact they axed Toonami just as Funimation got the One Piece license. That really killed a lot of potential for it to hit big here.

Has anybody heard of this new Toontopia TV online channel between WB and aol?
Here's what I wanna know... is that even still happening? I've heard reports and rumors about it for almost 4 years now, and so far, nothing ever happened.