Johnny Fiama - where is he now?

ALYN

Reaction score
wow - thanks for all that!
I think it was Johnny's first appearance on MT that his album was advertised - I think it was called something like 'You'll Hear Nothing When You Hear Johnny Fiama' and he previews a couple of songs - Hooked On A feeling and New York, New York (possibly). In another episode he starts Mack The Knife when a shark appears on cue and Johnny does a brilliant double-take before running off. I've GOT to watch the Tony Bennett show tonight - I haven't got to it yet on my video.....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, that's correct... I've got all of MT on VCD in my Muppet library.
The line of "You'll hear nothing when you hear Johnny Fiama sing..." was actually the voiceover from the announcer.
New York, New York was the first song... Though Johnny never sang it cause he missed his cue.
Hooked On A Feeling was next with Sal throwing him off by doing the oogachackas.

The bit where he started singing Mac the Knife was in the Sandra Bullock episode where they were rushing acts on stage to keep the ratings from dipping below 50.

Hope this helps.

ALYN

Reaction score
I can feel an obsession coming on - I'll need to burn my videos to DVD, go to MP3, edit down to all the Johnny Fiama appearances and create The Johnny Fiama album. I can do all that except the video > DVD at present, but if ever there was a reason to get the gear to do it - this is it!!! I'm on it!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
That sounds fine but just bear in mind that from what I can make out by the 13 MT shows I have Johnny hardly ever finished a complete song. He does sing a successful duet with Tony Bennet but most of his other songs get interrupted. Rather like a modern updated variation on Wayne and Wanda I suppose.

It would be interesting to see how many complete songs do in fact exist by him though

pepestarr

Reaction score
In Muppet Wizard Of Oz, Bill did Johnny as usual but even though Sal had a big part, Brian Henson didn't do any puppeteering in the movie at all.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Johnny is in storage at the Muppet workshop.:wink:
I hope that helped.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
pepestarr said:
In Muppet Wizard Of Oz, Bill did Johnny as usual but even though Sal had a big part, Brian Henson didn't do any puppeteering in the movie at all.

voice work

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
And once and awhile he does the Statler & Waldorf movie previews on movies.com.

Daylight

Reaction score
Didn't Johnny and Sal appear on a telethon a couple of times?