1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Johnny, Sal and Bear on Telethon

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Princess Melora, Aug 28, 2004.

1. Princess Melora

Princess Melora New Member

Johnny Fiama and Sal, and Bear in the Big Blue House, will appear Monday, September 6 for the Jerry Lewis Telethon.

Johnny and Sal will be performing their usual hilarious antics, while Bear will be performing a brand-new song.

As they say: "check your local listings."
  2. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Do you know of a time frame? I don't want to watch the whole thing.
  3. Luke

Luke Active Member

Great news - last year this was definitely one of the best Muppet appearances!
  4. gfarkwort

gfarkwort Member

what channel will it be on?
  5. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

It's different in all areas so: Check your local listings.
  6. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Active Member

I hope that it is on Fox. I am currently at college, and that is the only channel that I get - well, Fox and a religious channel. So I am guessing that I wont get to see the special :smirk: Everyone let me know how it is. Hopefully they will promote the Wizard of Oz movie...
  7. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Johnny and Sal are such wonderful characters! I love 'em. Hope Johnny's Ma is somewhere in the audience at least! Love that woman--she makes a MEAN spaghetti sauce!

I still haven't had the pleasure of sitting down to watch Bear in the Big Blue House yet, so I'm still unfamiliar with Bear--although, he was very nice to meet at MuppetFest.
  8. Jivepuppet

Jivepuppet Member

Avenue Q just performed.
    I'm sure the Muppets will be early in the morning, get the kids riled up!

Support the MDA, they did wonders for my brother in his 22 years here on Earth. He was born with muscular dystrophy. MDA, and their doctors, scientists, and everyone who works and volunteers and donates time and money to MDA helped keep him alive, healthy, and happy. Let's make sure every one of Jerry's kids (and adults) get the help they need and find cures!
    www.mdausa.org :halo:
    Jon
  9. goshposh

goshposh Member

i just saw johnny and sal on at about 12:00 am. johnny was upset that he wasn't going to sing with jerry. oh, and instead of check they gave some of johnny's mama's marinara sauce.
  10. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

I got to see Johnny & Sal early this a.m.,quipping it up with Jeffrey Tambor.:)
  11. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

Bear performed about 8:30am CST. It was really good. Like his appearances in the past on MDA, he sang three songs including the Goodbye song at the end (always my favorite). However, this year instead of trying to teach the kids the Cha-cha-cha, he just let them dance their own dance. Very cute!

I love that they let Bear around the kids. It's so sweet watching some of them run up to him and hug him.
  12. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

I watched Bear too. Made me happy to see they had entertainment for the young kids too. Bear did a great job.:)
  13. Roberto

Roberto New Member

14. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Hey all,

I didn't see the Johnny and Sal appearance last night, but Tivo got a bunch of the telethon for me this evening, and there was another segment with Johnny and Sal. Did anyone else see this? It was really unusual at the end, because Bill and Brian stood up and took a bow (at the request of Jerry Lewis). :eek:

Surprising, but way cool. :cool:
  15. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

I saw about the last half of it. It did seem to be kind of strange at the end though. :confused:
  16. Fozzie Bear

I didn't see ANY of it, but remember in the old Ed Sullivan days, he would introduce Jim at the end of a sketch and he would come out with a puppet on his arm and take a bow.
  17. AndyWan Kenobi

Yeah, that's what I thought of too when I saw it, but I haven't seen them do anything like that in such a long time. It was really interesting.
  18. Fozzie Bear

I always thought, though, that the integrity of the Muppets was in that they were never seen with their performers, which DOES surprise me that they came on out from behind their puppets instead of being seen without them characters.
  19. AndyWan Kenobi

Yeah, it didn't seem like they had a lot of choice, since Jerry kind of motioned for them to take a bow and asked the audience to "give a hand to these two wonderful young men who do Johnny and Sal"--then Johnny and Sal had to resist this while in character, and then they basically just gave up and "went over there" while their human counterparts made a very brief appearance. I think they tried to hide the characters a little when they stood up...
  20. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

It did kind of seem that way. It was almost like they were turning away from the camera. :smirk: