1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Jokes You Don't Get/Misheard Lines/Lyrics

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Whatnot1988, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Whatnot1988

Whatnot1988 Active Member

Hello. Here is a thread where you can discuss jokes in Muppet productions you don't get, or lines or lyrics you have seemed to mishear. Here's mine:

In TMM, I have been confused by this gag:

DeLuise: ... I have lost my sense of direction
    Kermit: Have you tried Harry Grishner?

I have googled that name and I am not getting results I am looking for.
    https://www.google.com/#q=Grishner,+Harry

2. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

I think it's Hare Krishna is who Kermit mentions, because there is a Wikipedia article about it.

I also don't get the Jennifer Lopez song " I Luh Ya Papi" either, and I know this has nothing to do with Muppets either.

3. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

i don't get the TMM "myth" joke, WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!!!!!!! :crazy:

4. Blue Weirdo

Blue Weirdo Member

"Myth! Myth!"
    "Yeth?"

It's a speech impediment joke -not very funny actually

5. Muppet Master

Oh thanks, because I always force laugh at that part, because my friends do.

6. los

los Active Member

I've mentioned it before but in the TMS Elton John episode: You look like a stolen card. :attitude:

7. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

It's "stolen car."

8. los

los Active Member

:attitude: Still don't get it :attitude:

9. Bliffenstimmers

Bliffenstimmers Active Member

Recently heard the Muppet Show version of Chattanooga Choo Choo. First time ever hearing the song (don't judge) and I hear near the end "Shuffle off to Colin, gotta keep it golden" ("Shovel all the coal in, gotta keep it rollin'")

10. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

In Muppet Treasure Island, during the roll call sequence, most of the characters called on (and not every member of the crew is addressed by name here) have names that are puns, or ironic, or follow a pattern with other names. But then there are some names I don't get, like Smoke Eye Pea(or was it Black Eye Pea?) and Wall-Eye Pike,

11. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it was Black Eye Pea. Hope it makes sense now. But, I don't know about Wall-Eyed Pike..

12. PigsInSpace2205

PigsInSpace2205 Active Member

I dont know why in MMW Constantine put a bomb on Piggy's ring, then escapes and then returns to kidnap Piggy that makes no sense (i know that this is not a joke but i still dont get it):sympathy::sympathy:

13. Oscarfan

"You are my insurance policy!"

14. PigsInSpace2205

PigsInSpace2205 Active Member

KERMIT HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
    but i still dont get it

15. Muppet Master

I don't get that one joke in MMW! When Fozzie says gutenburgen or something and then Kermit says something like we have a solid leafen on gutenburgen ...something? :confused:
    Wait I think I have it in video form...

Around 3:09ish-3:15

16. Blue Weirdo

Blue Weirdo Member

Well the character Black Eye Pea indeed has bruised eyes.
    A walleye pike is a type of fish -and the pirate is a muppet fish. It's a pirate-ish sounding name that follows after Black Eye Pea and plays on the fact that he's a fish.

17. Eyeball

Eyeball Well-Known Member

I never got the joke, my cousin is so dumb he thinks that eggs Benedict is a mafia gangster, what's it mean? some insight would be great.

18. Oscarfan

It's "Poopenbergen." And "A sold week."

It's because it's a vaguely-sounding mafia name, except it's just a food dish.

Eyeball likes this.
  19. David French

David French Active Member

It's a reference to Hare Krishna, which is a religious movement.

Stolen cars are usually disguised to make it more difficult for the original owner/Police to spot it. Sam is making the point that based on the colourful/flamboyant clothes that Elton wears, he vaguely resembles what a stolen car might look like.

20. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Instead of ''Bet your cares away...''

I though it was ''Bet your kids away...''