Joseph Gordon-Levitt Attached To Fraggle Rock

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I did not see a thread for this forgive me If there Is Already one In existence ?

Joseph Gordon-Levitt Attached To Fraggle Rock
Will he dance his cares away?

20 March 2015 | Written by James White | Source: Variety

Hi! And welcome to “sentences we never expected to write in a news story in 2015”. Today’s instance: Joseph Gordon-Levitt is attached to produce and star in the Fraggle Rock movie. It’s as if two pop-cultural titans suddenly formed an alliance. Three, if you chuck in tiny teamsters, the Doozers.

This provides an unexpected boost to a project that has been struggling through development since its original announcement back in 2006. We’ve had word since then about new writers and scripts, with the likes of Ahmet Zappa originally involved in bringing the idea to life. Gordon-Levitt’s involvement appears to sweep the board clean and start fresh with new scriptwriters.

Fans of the ‘80s Jim Henson show will know that Gobo, Wembley, Boober, Red and Mokey live in the titular underground caves, situated beneath a lighthouse captained by former Porridge star Fulton Mackay and his Muppet dog Sprocket.* Each week, when they weren’t eating the constructions made by fellow cave dwellers the Doozers or bothering living trash heaps the Gorgs, the Fraggles were lapping up tales of Outer Space (i.e. the world) provided by Gobo’s adventurous Uncle Matt. At least one plan for the film version has had our musical heroes venturing outside themselves, encountering humans and exploring our world. And that’s likely where Gordon-Levitt will come in.

“The first screen personas I ever loved were Henson creations, first on Sesame Street, and then on Fraggle Rock,” Gordon-Levitt says in a statement. “Jim Henson’s characters make you laugh and sing, but they’re also layered, surprising, and wise. From Oscar The Grouch, to Yoda, to the Fraggles, I’ve never stopped loving his work, even as a young frisky man, and on into adulthood. Collaborating with Lisa Henson makes me confident we can do something that Jim would have loved. I’m grateful and excited to be working with New Regency on this project.”

Gordon-Levitt has been busy working on Oliver Stone’s Snowden, playing titular whistleblower Edward Snowden. He’ll be back on our screens in Robert Zemeckis’ high-wire drama The Walk, out here on October 2 and reunites with 50/50 co-star Seth Rogen and director Jonathan Levine for an untitled Christmas comedy that arrives on December 11.

my bad Mods Delete away