Juicy Fruit commercials

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hmm... I wonder if they still replace those batteries?
J.C. Penny doesn't do automotive stuff anymore (to my knowledge, I only go to a mall that has it once every so often, and they never have any clothes I like, so you can imagine I never go in). That's something that only Sears still does (and the only thing Sears really still has left going for it).

That said... how can you not crack a smile when you hear that stern, deathly tone moan "The Battery graveyard." That anything like the Atari graveyard the ET games were buriedin? :smirk:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Juicy Fruits commercial nothing. The aforementioned "poop" videos, one I'm working on now, will feature a really bad 80's Juicy Fruit commercial. I can't remember where I got it though... but it was VERY 80's, very neon colored, and it had a sequence where some guy's head is in one of those old timey mantle clocks, and rolls of Bubble Yum pop out of his eyes for no apparent reason.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And here's the one I was talking about (first one, too. No need to go searching for it)

Really... how was any of that cool. It looked just silly to me. Certainly doesn't make me want to chew any gum... quite the opposite. And how does being on a watch make you cool (unless you're a certain mouse)?

Hmmmm... you know, maybe these old commercials aren't better than new ones.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I remember some from the 80s (mostly because they're on tapes my dad recorded when I was a kid, and I watched them a lot), these days I don't pay much attention :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
In regards to an 80's/00's commercial comparison... I thought the Halls commercials with the big, sweaty, loud Turkish guys going "Breathe, my pasty friend!" was a million times better than that old "Halls of Medicine" commercial. That one always annoyed me when I was younger.