1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Meet Julia
    Sesame Street's newest Muppet has autism. Meet Julia this Monday on HBO and PBS. Then discuss the anticipated episode with fans.

3. Sesame Street Season 47
    Sesame Street's 47th season officially began Saturday January 7 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Julie's Greenroom -- Coming to Netflix!

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by AndyWan Kenobi, Jun 2, 2016.

1. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Well-Known Member

theSHE124 and WhoseLineFan like this.
  2. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Very unexpected news indeed. There's going to be a lot of guest stars on it too including Alec Baldwin, Idina Menzel and Sarah Barellies who is also guest starring on Sesame Street this year.

It's good that the Henson Company can keep itself busy outside of Sesame Street.

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  3. backpackmina

backpackmina Active Member

Well, I didn't see this coming but I'm glad it's happening. Just this morning I was wondering when JHC will start using puppets in their shows again. Really hope it's a success - but how can you go wrong with Julie Andrews? :)

4. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Well-Known Member

That sounds like the inverse question to "How do you solve a problem like Maria?"

WhoseLineFan and backpackmina like this.
  5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Uh, if it wasn't exclusive to Netflix so it could actually reach a broader audience for more people actually see it?

6. Pig's Laundry

You really have to get over that. Many really good shows on Netflix and other streaming services are on streaming because networks wouldn't pick them up. Not only that but, creators have a lot less restrictions than they do on most networks, cable or broadcast.

Creators have to do what they can to get their content out there. Besides even if it doesn't reach the broadest of audiences, Netflix still has a lot of users. And at least more people watch it than premium channels like HBO. Actually in many cases, more people are watching shows like House of Cards than they are most of ABC's current lineup.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  7. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Active Member

John Kennedy is in this

8. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

If Netflix wasn't a viable option for creating original content, nobody would be doing it.

BlakeConor14 and Pig's Laundry like this.
  9. backpackmina

backpackmina Active Member

But really, though - as I'm more of a Hulu person and haven't used my Netflix in forever so I don't know - how many kids in this target age group even watch original Netflix shows? I think I'm with D'Snowth here.

10. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Netflix has it's own special "KIDS" section, so I would wager some amount. Plus, parents are often around to put in on for them.

11. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Just heard it from my sister the other day, and she's excited that just almost every family member's favorite things will be merged on here! :)

12. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Indeed. Television gets more rigid every year. You'd think that there would be more opportunities to sell a show with all the networks out there, but with networks getting cheap you either get cheap to make reality competitions or have a network that's basically 5-10 shows on loop.

Considering how Nickelodeon treated Dreamworks (there are freaking episodes of Penguins of Madagascar, a show made in 2009, that haven't aired yet), it's great to see them flourish under the Netflix deal with so many cartoons in production that air all their episodes at once. I'm extremely excited about the Voltron series. Something that would otherwise be impossible to sell to a network, and even if it did, it'd get a crappy time slot.

I'm not surprised Henson's finding footing on Netflix. As they should. They've been having real problems finding a place for their projects. Doozers got dumped on Hulu Plus because it couldn't find a home on a network. And there are like...how many preschool channels now? Not even on Sprout?

13. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

This is looking to be a better show about the arts than Little Einsteins was, whose wonderful potential of giving little ones an interest in classical music and art was bogged down by the need to be like Dora the Explorer like so many other American preschool shows at the time. I'm also really liking the look of the puppets, some of which are very reminiscent of The Puzzle Place.

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  14. Pig's Laundry

This is definitely a great oppertunity for them. I hope these two shows are successful enough to lead to other projects. Hey, Netflix is making movies now, who knows, they already brought back Pee wee Herman. Maybe we'll finally get to see that Fraggle Rock movie!

15. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

This project sounds wonderful! And it's filmed not far from me on Long Island. There's a great film studio out in Bethpage where a lot of new stuff is being filmed, including Kevin James' new TV show, this and I think a few movies as well.

16. WemblinFool18

WemblinFool18 Active Member

I love Julie Andrews and the performing arts! I should get Netflix

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  17. BeanoMaster

BeanoMaster New Member

Another trailer has been released with a release date of March 17.

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  18. WhoseLineFan

WhoseLineFan Well-Known Member

I wonder why it's not coming this month.

19. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

I'll definitely be watching it, although the trailer makes it look a little corny. I'm glad she's still acting, even at the age of 81.

20. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

I just heard Carol Burnett is going to be a guest on this series, and we all know she has had several Muppet connections over the years!

muppet jake likes this.