"Julie's Greenroom" series with Julie Andrews coming to Netflix in 2017

theSHE124

Reaction score
Just heard it from my sister the other day, and she's excited that just almost every family member's favorite things will be merged on here! :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
If Netflix wasn't a viable option for creating original content, nobody would be doing it.
Indeed. Television gets more rigid every year. You'd think that there would be more opportunities to sell a show with all the networks out there, but with networks getting cheap you either get cheap to make reality competitions or have a network that's basically 5-10 shows on loop.

Considering how Nickelodeon treated Dreamworks (there are freaking episodes of Penguins of Madagascar, a show made in 2009, that haven't aired yet), it's great to see them flourish under the Netflix deal with so many cartoons in production that air all their episodes at once. I'm extremely excited about the Voltron series. Something that would otherwise be impossible to sell to a network, and even if it did, it'd get a crappy time slot.

I'm not surprised Henson's finding footing on Netflix. As they should. They've been having real problems finding a place for their projects. Doozers got dumped on Hulu Plus because it couldn't find a home on a network. And there are like...how many preschool channels now? Not even on Sprout?

mr3urious

Reaction score
This is looking to be a better show about the arts than Little Einsteins was, whose wonderful potential of giving little ones an interest in classical music and art was bogged down by the need to be like Dora the Explorer like so many other American preschool shows at the time. I'm also really liking the look of the puppets, some of which are very reminiscent of The Puzzle Place.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm not surprised Henson's finding footing on Netflix. As they should. They've been having real problems finding a place for their projects. Doozers got dumped on Hulu Plus because it couldn't find a home on a network. And there are like...how many preschool channels now? Not even on Sprout?
This is definitely a great oppertunity for them. I hope these two shows are successful enough to lead to other projects. Hey, Netflix is making movies now, who knows, they already brought back Pee wee Herman. Maybe we'll finally get to see that Fraggle Rock movie!

MelissaY1

Reaction score
This project sounds wonderful! And it's filmed not far from me on Long Island. There's a great film studio out in Bethpage where a lot of new stuff is being filmed, including Kevin James' new TV show, this and I think a few movies as well.

gravy

Reaction score
I'll definitely be watching it, although the trailer makes it look a little corny. I'm glad she's still acting, even at the age of 81.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I just heard Carol Burnett is going to be a guest on this series, and we all know she has had several Muppet connections over the years!