Juliet and the Monsters

Saironi

Reaction score
(I think Florence and Juliet found the monsters "cute", and the guest star always is asked who he or she wants to perform with. *snickers*)

Who are the monsters in the cold opening? The ones I caught were;
Shakey (though, doesn't he also count as more of a "creature" than monster?)
Luncheon Counter Monster
Boppity
Gloat
The Purple Lion

The ones in her final number I caught were;
Uncle Deadly
Lenny the Lizard
Sweetums
2 Mutations
Big Mama (both as a costume and puppet)
Gloat.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Which two guest stars are you talking about?
The ones who came to my mind Florence Henderson and Juliet Prowse were season 1 guests and there were no cold openings nor did Luncheon Counter Monster exist in season 1:confused:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't recall Luncheon Counter Monster being in Julie Andrew's cold opening, but he was in the closing number. There was also a purple monster in the cold opening. It's been awhile since I last watched that episode, but I think it might have been a heap (I haven't watched that episode since I got season 1 on DVD, where I was able to get some better looks at the Purple Heap).

The closing number featured:
Sweetums
Doglion
Big Mama (only the costume version was used, not the puppet)
The Mutations
Timmy Monster
Uncle Deadley
Luncheon Counter Monster
Lenny the Lizard
Boppity
Gloat

I think I also saw some kind of hand or something moving in a cariage (or maybe it was a box or something) in the background.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
So did you really mean season one's Florence Henderson comparing her rapport with the monsters to that of Julie Andrews?

Saironi

Reaction score
If you mean both women seemed comfortable performing with them, yes.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Yes that's right my friend. Just wanted to verify Florence was the right other woman you meant even though you said Juliet instead of Julie for the main one concerned.:smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just watched the Julie Andrews episode again, and the purple monster I was referring to is not a heap. In fact, I don't ever remember seeing it anywhere else (maybe it's in the finales for The Muppet Movie and The Muppets take Manhattan). Did he appear anywhere else? It would be ridiculous to build a new monster puppet just to appear in the background for a few seconds. It might have been better to just use Gloat, Snake Frackle, Flower-Eating Monster, or one of the Scoffs instead.

There are several other monsters seen falling, but they fall by so fast it's hard to tell who is falling (I wouldn't be surprised if they just used a bunch of fur pieces and not actual puppets).