Just a little bit of whining...

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Riddle me this:

How come I can't find the Old School set anywhere, not even Wal-Mart?

How come Costco has to torture me, by a) NOT having this set, but b) having "The Best of Elmo's World" box set? :grouchy: Not exactly what I was looking for. Costco is just taunting me now. :boo:

Maybe it's cause I'm Canadian? Maybe I'm not meant to have this set, and the Wal-Mart electronics department workers are secretly having a laugh everytime I walk in there and leave empty handed? Maybe it's fate? Bad timing? I don't know!!

But it's driving me crazy.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
its probablly (i dont know for sure) because they will only produce the set in the U.S. unless the American Sesame Street has ever aired in Canada. I'm sorry you can't find it. :sympathy: :frown:

Tim

Reaction score
Do you have Best Buys there? If not ther's always online shopping!

BEAR

Reaction score
It's because you're Canadian and are cursed! Just kidding. Actually, it's not an easy thing to find here in the states either.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
its probablly (i dont know for sure) because they will only produce the set in the U.S. unless the American Sesame Street has ever aired in Canada. I'm sorry you can't find it.
Barry Lee, yes Sesame Street aired in Canada, for many years! I was raised on it. :wink: Canadian Sesame came much later. You think it would be here but it's not! Hopefully I'll find it soon >: D

Tim said:
Do you have Best Buys there? If not ther's always online shopping!
Yes we do have Best Buys, but I hadn't thought to check there at all! Thanks for the good idea!

Bear said:
It's because you're Canadian and are cursed! Just kidding. Actually, it's not an easy thing to find here in the states either.
I am cursed! :eek: Have you been able to find it?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Heh, yet another reason for me to never shop at Wal Mart (not that I ever have). Now that I think about it, I've been shopping online much more lately, rather than going to a store.

Good luck finding the DVD, Mrs. Pepper!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Rully? You guys are having troubles finding the SS Old School Volume 1 DVD set?
Found it at the first place I tried.

Wanted to do some online shopping through www.amazon.com so the proceeds would benefit MC, like a loyal MC member.
But when it was proving a bit tough to shop for my siblings, I decided the heck with it... I'll just get them to shop for the others and take care of my own B-Day and X-Mas shopping instead.

Headed off to a store called Spec's, not sure if you have it where you live MrsPepper, but they had it in stock. The guy couldn't find it at the time, just as well, since I ordered some other SS and Muppet CD's and DVD's. My order's almost complete, just waiting for them to get Electric Company Volume 2 and the Green & Red Christmas CD. Will probably swing by and get them next week, saving the SS Old School for my B-Day.

They have it on special for around $25-$30, so let us all know if you can't find it.
Hope this helps.

BEAR

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
I am cursed! :eek: Have you been able to find it?

Only saw one copy at a Barnes and Noble out here. Didn't buy it because it's on my Christmas/Birthday list, so I wanted to wait. My mom was out shopping the other day and told me it was so hard to find. She said she found the last one, but it was behind a bunch of other stuff.

Drtooth

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Riddle me this:

How come I can't find the Old School set anywhere, not even Wal-Mart?

How come Costco has to torture me, by a) NOT having this set, but b) having "The Best of Elmo's World" box set? :grouchy: Not exactly what I was looking for. Costco is just taunting me now. :boo:

Maybe it's cause I'm Canadian? Maybe I'm not meant to have this set, and the Wal-Mart electronics department workers are secretly having a laugh everytime I walk in there and leave empty handed? Maybe it's fate? Bad timing? I don't know!!
THAT'S THE PROBLEM!!! No... not that your from Canada, but you're trying in too many mainstream stores. You need to go off the beaten path. Maybe local chain stores that sell exclusively DVD's and CD's will have it. I found this Only at a New England chain called Newburry Comics.