1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Just a simple question.

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by peyjenk, Apr 27, 2007.

1. peyjenk

peyjenk New Member

Could somebody fill me in on the "rumored CGI show" mentioned in this folder's description?
  2. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

There was a Jim Hill article in December 2004 that mentioned some rumored future Muppet projects, one of which was a CGI Muppet Babies show.

That's all that was ever mentioned.
  3. peyjenk

peyjenk New Member

Hmm. Sounds like it won't happen, then.

Thanks for the info!
  4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Probably not, no...but it would have been an awesome project to happen. Athough I wonder if they would have put the right effort or time into the series for it to truely work.

It would have been amazing to see a new series created in a similar style to the old series, complete with a myrid of movie clips from recent movies.
  5. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Yeah in the end, I don't mind too much if a company uses CGI (as long as it's good CGI). What matters more is the story. Of course, remakes aren't always done well. ::shrugs::
  6. peyjenk

peyjenk New Member

I think that CGI Muppet Babies would probably work better as a film than a TV series.
  7. Beauregard

I agree. But I don't think they could use backdrops from other films in a Muppet Baby Film. It just wouldn't work.
  8. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

What weirds me out is that the article mentioned motion-capture technology for the series. Would they actually use real babies and put them in funky suits with sensors all over them, like The Polar Express? If they did do that, where on Earth would they find a real baby to act like Animal?
  9. Beauregard

I would think they were talking more about the motion-capture puppets that the Jim Heson company built and used for a little while -- and are using again now for some other project that I can't for the life of me remember.

Have you seen how the Fraggle's faces/mouths work? It's a similar technology to that, except it transfers to computer rather than an actual puppet.
  10. peyjenk

peyjenk New Member

I wonder if the Fraggle Rock film will spark interest in a new Muppet Babies project- be it series or movie.
  11. Beauregard

It's possible.

I wonder if the Fraggle Rock film will be a success or a failure...a whole lot is riding on it.