Just How Deep Does the Rabbit Hole Go?

beaker

Reaction score
It has recently occured to me how astonishing JHC has become over the years. A lot of us are sadly aware of JHC's current financial situation...but that aside:

Yes, we are witnessing the virtual return of the Muppets like nobodie's business. You cant turn on the tv or go to the Mall without seeing *something* JHC related.

A lot of people say the Muppets are old news, and that JHC is stuggling. But it has occured to me just how deep the rabbit hole goes...

Virtually every facet of entertainment for the last 50years has been impacted by JHC in one form or another.

First you had the ground breaking 'experimental' educational show Sesame Street become probably the most famous kids show...heck show ever in the collective minds of people worldwide.

You next had The Muppet Show become the most successful show the world over.

And the 80's...I could right a book on that period.

But let's look at the here and now...like I said you cant even list all the things somehow JHC related in the last few years that have become huge:

Bear in the Big Blue House
Hoobs
Mopatops
Monsters Inc(not only did Oz do some of the voices, but Karen Prell was very involved int he oscar winning short For the birds for it...not to mention Monsters Inc looks like something JHC related, due to the fact Pixar has been candid about some of its inspiration)
Harry Potter, Cats and Dogs, Brotherhood of the Wolf, Ninja Turtles, and countless other beloved sci fi and genre action flicks.
Oh and lets not forget Farscape, perhaps the greatest sci fi series since ST: TNG.

I know Im missing a lot of other related things...but I also wanted to mention the yearlong 25th Annversery Muppet Show blitz weve been seeing all year on tv, the net, and on toy shelves.

When all is said and done, its so amazing a company could be struggling yet be one of the most influential and creative companies in the world. I look forward to see what JHC can do when they get back on their feet...as if this is what they can do with budget constraints, imagine what they could do if they were on the top of their game(ie: a buyout)

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
I'm too tired to say anything intelligent after that but I can say:

Hi beaker - nice to see you back here again:smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Amy
I'm too tired to say anything intelligent after that but I can say:

Hi beaker - nice to see you back here again:smile:
Hey Amy! It's quite nice to be back...a lot of things have changed on here for the better I see(new graphics, new forums, a tidal wave of new members) Anyways, Ive had a lot of thinking to do, and it just feels like the right time to welcome in a new era as Muppet fans and to jump onboard. Anyways, glad to be back for this wacky mayhem filled party!

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
Sometimes we do need time out just to sort out our lives. That's why I am heading to university for the next three years.

also beacuse it means a 3 year break from working with children!! :smile:

Gonzo

Reaction score
It *IS* a shame that a company...group of creative talent that is obviously skilled and has such a legacy....is struggling so much for it's very survival. Especially when there's so much (schmoo) out there that's having money THROWN at it--like, say, Eddie Murphy's career.

Quinnnnnnnnnnn