1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Just saw the Ghost of Faffner Hall

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by baby sinclair, Nov 27, 2003.

1. baby sinclair

baby sinclair New Member

Hey i was wandering if any one remembers this show because i have never heard any one mention it. I bought some episodes on ebay and it's a really cool show. i thought i'd just mention it to see if anyone has seen this. :smirk:
  2. Ryan

Ryan New Member

I agree it was a great show. They really should have kept it on longer. Many backround TMS Muppets made cameos as well, including Tootie, the "Your Feet's Too Big" girl, with a ne female puppeteer (her name escapes me right now.)
  3. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Baby Sinclair,

What kind of format where the Episodes that you bought?

thanks
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I have never seen this... did it ever air in the US, or just the UK?
  5. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

I'm pretty sure it aired in the US, I saw the ads for it on the Odyssey channel because one of my teachers who has cable taped some Muppet Show episodes for me.
  6. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

The 13 episodes of Faffner Hall originally aired on HBO in 1989. They re-aired on Odyssey Saturday mornings from 1999-2000.
  7. I have never seen this show, the only episode I've seen is "Notation: The Song That Gets The Sound" (is that what it's called?) at the MTR, I missed a lot of it though. It is on my current wish list. I had Odyssey but I could never get most of the Henson shows due to EWTN, some church channel that I can't stand!
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

That's why I missed it... they had it on cable... drat... :cry:
  9. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, in some markets Odyssey was shown part of the time and EWTN (an entirely different channel) was shown at other parts of the day.
  10. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Active Member

How much time were you allowed at the Museum? Not enough?

That reminds me: that was where I got my first taste of Faffner Hall, the good ol' MT&R. I saw the first episode there and found it amusing.
  11. I take the train down to the city, I missed an eariler train and I came 2 hours after the Museum opened, there was a Jim Henson screening going on and I went to it, I came just before the guy went to burn the music sheet up. Then I saw Song Of The Cloud Forest, my first taste to JHH. I watched two JHH episodes later.
  12. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

I found this write-up online on TGOFH:(I remember the show,vaguelly,teaching about music).

Ghost of Faffner Hall, The (1989)
    Another passionate interest of Jim Henson was the power of music. This is reflected in The Ghost of Faffner Hall--a thirteen-part series made in England for Tyne Tees Television and HBO in 1989, produced by Jocelyn Stevenson.
    Each episode of Faffner Hall combines puppet elements with location segments featuring major musicians from a variety of fields, from jazz to pop to classical. The puppet segments are set in Faffner Hall, a stately Victorian pile built as a monument to music by the eccentric Fughetta Faffner. When her great-great-grandnephew Farkas, a music hater, inherits the house, Fughetta's ghost is forced to work overtime to defeat his philistine plans for the building. In this she is aided by various Muppet allies as well as the musical guest stars.

Faffner Hall encouraged children to appreciate all the different kinds of music around them and to value their experiences as listeners as well as performers. Its musical curericulum was developed in consultation with Professor John Paynter, head of music at the University of York, and Canadian composer R. Murray Schaefer, and it featured musical guest stars from Dizzy Gillespie to the Scottish Chamber Orchestra to Ladysmith Black Mambazo.
  13. Luke

Luke Active Member

For anyone "in the know" is Faffner included in the HIT deal? I thought it would be included in the family brand but seems to be no mention of it.