Just thought you all should know

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Hey guys, don't know if you've noticed I've been in and out alot more lately than I normally am, but I thought I'd just share something I'm dealing with that is really quite stupid, but still, I'm dealing with it.

Some of you probably remember how much I disliked my job when I first joined MC. I was a youth minister and had very little experience in the area and found it to be very frustrating. Then they decided to cut my job to part time. After a long, long search, I found the job I'm at now. It seemed so great and exactly what I was looking for....for about the first six months.

Now I've been there just over a year and I'm in a place where I really feel like I need to get out again. I am really feeling like I'm wasting my time where I'm at because I sit and do nothing all day long. I get no support from my supervisor and chances of promotion are slim to none. So, I took matters into my own hands and applied for a position within my company at a different location that I just knew I would love, it relates to libraries and it just sounded so great (I once worked in a library part time but that's another story).

The rejection letter came on Thursday.

So, I'm stuck. I think I need to look outside my company, but I don't want to be the person who switches jobs every two years or so. I know that every job has some good and some bad, but right now my job is all the bad. And once again I'm also in a place where my position may be cut or elimnated. It's still going to be a little while before that happens, but it's highly likely that they're going to close my building, so therefore, they won't need me (I'm basically a receptionist).

I have been rather down as a result of all of this, so that is why I've been a little more sporadic in my posting. I just wanted you guys to know because you're like my family.

I'll keep you posted, I plan to start applying for other jobs and seeing what happens. Hopefully history won't repeat itself.

Love you all!

Java

Reaction score
(((((((((((((BETH)))))))))))))

Keeping you in my thoughts and wishes. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Skye

Reaction score
Oh Beth, I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having such a hard time recently. I don't think this is stupid at all!

I'm sorry that your job has been making you feel so down, but I think it's great that you're trying to take matters into your own hands and make things better for yourself! I wish you the absolute best of luck! And you know, if you ever need anything, you know where to find us! :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Finding a job that fits you is always difficult, especially when you're first starting out. I hope your job hunt proves fruitful. Just remember that everyone goes through this at some point, you're not alone. :smile:

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Bethy, I totally understand your situation.
Selling perfume= world of suck!
I switched jobs to something more fun.
There are certain complications with it but I'm trying to get up the ranks muhself.

D: Bethy, I truly hope that you find a job that you want and that seems completely ideal!

It may take some time but persistence is key!

<3 Love yah Bethy.

Katzi428

Reaction score
((((Beth))))
There's no need to apologize for not being here. I'm just sorry that things aren't working out for you right now. And like Caroline said,it's not stupid at all!
All of us are like a big family & we support each other. So when you need to rant,we're here.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Ah Beth, I've definitely noticed you haven't been posting as regularly as you used to. I wish you the absolute best of luck. I've been in the same boat, believe me. If you ever need to talk, feel free to PM/email me.

(((HUGS))):smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
(((((((HUGS))))))) Don't worry Beth... I'm sure everything will work out okay, these things do take time (unfortunately :stick_out_tongue:).

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Thanks guys, you are all the best. Will definately keep you all posted and take some of you up on the chatting on the side, I really appreciate it.

(((HUGS))) to my MC buddies. :smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I wish you all the very best Bethy. This must be very hard on you. Anytime you wish to talk just PM dear friend.
God is always with you never forget.

Marty :smile: