just when i thought it was safe.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, that one MADtv SST sketch about the recession did make an interesting point:

BILLY: I wish I could vote, but I'm not eighteen yet.
SALLY: And I'm a girl.
GORDON: Oh, don't worry about it kids. If there's one thing I've learn, it's that one vote doesn't make a difference.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
I get the feeling we're going to get another 2000 situation and all those who either didn't vote or voted third party will whine their butts off if Trump or Cruz wins louder and harder than those who actually voted against him.

Just sayin'.

That's what gets me worried about this election. If Bernie wins the nomination, all Clinton's supporters will moan about it, if Clinton wins the nomination, Bernie supporters will moan about it. Votes are either not going to be cast or a pathetic third party will get just enough votes to clip into a thin enough majority. No one wants a repeat of the Gore/Bush/Nader fiasco. And like i always say, sure, I'd love to be the guy that goes "dumb red states voted for Bush, blah blah blah," but I am far angrier at the angsty 20 year old snotrockets that say "I'm proud I voted for Nader" and then spent 2001-2008 whining the loudest about the Iraq War. They had ample chance to stop it by sucking it up and voting for Gore (full disclosure, he would have been okay at best or meh at worst), but felt the need to make a statement no one heard and no one cared about. This sort of thing will essentially roll up the red carpet for Trump or Cruz. While indies love to say "there's no greater of two evils," there certainly is this time around. I'd rather suffer the disappointment of a Democrat getting like one or two things out there in 4 years than whatever horror show a con man and an actually frighteningly competent lunatic can do in 8. I mean, if we had a moderate guy on the right that didn't have horrifying supporters, I'd say "do whatever, man." But we don't. We don't.

That said, I'm absolutely sick of talking about Drumph. There's nothing to say there except at least he's talking smack about Duh-Buhya's pork project of a War. He's pretty much there because of the toxic rhetoric created since 2008 since WAAAAAAA! Our guy didn't win. The thing that bothers me though is Cruz. Sure, you can make the obvious "All Drumph's supporters are angry morons or those who buy into his brand" comments... but Cruz's are thousands of times more frightening. Religious and constitutional literalists that are prone to making this country an ultra-far right Theocracy who say things that make Drumph look tolerant. And that's the other thing that worries me. No matter who wins this nomination, unlike the liberals who only vote Democrat when they feel like it (and when it comes to mid-terms they sit on their butts then whine about how a bunch of far right jerks take over Congress), Republicans usually vote whoever they get, no matter if they like them or not. When it comes to Trump and Cruz it's like (and I wish I had a better analogy) Frieza and Cell. They're both dangerous, but Cell's slightly worse and took more to take down.
yeah, I see what you mean.

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
We've been out of the recession (in certain terms I'll go into) for at least 6 years now. For all the effort Congress made to destroy the country and blame the Democrat in charge, we've made out alright. The Stock Market's actually doing fine after that huge dip because Oil went down (which is a rant itself), things are at least okay but could get better instead of the years of unbridled greedy and shortsightedness of the 00's. And that's only partially on the part of politicians. A lot of not too bright people bought expensive gadgets on credit, a lot of people bought big fat gas guzzling cars (fueled by oil from the countries that funded terrorism...brilliant move), and bought homes on terrible credit. Now, while both parties are to blame for those banks royally screwing us over, the thing no one wanted to admit is that they were building too many luxury condos and gentrifying too many neighborhoods so getting that crappy start up apartment that is essentially a coming of age right was too expensive and home ownership was the cheaper option. And I'll agree to that. None of the politicians did bunk about it because no one's talking about it.

There is a lot beyond the realm of what a politician can do where the population is completely powerless and some of that actually is on us. No one's getting their dream jobs out of college because there are more college students than actual jobs. Not because a politician didn't fulfill his promise, but because there aren't enough companies willing to create enough redundancy to hire everyone applying. And then there's that obsolescence problem I'm always harping about. There are less and less retail safety nets/start ups because no one's buying things anymore, and half the unique little stores that carried dead media formats died, and the rest are on life support. And the thing is, we should have saw this all coming early last decade because too many assumed that everyone would fall butt backwards into comfy tech jobs. Hence the luxury apartments, hence the neighborhoods with now defunct 5 dollar cupcake shops. That's an institutional problem that needs fixing, but that's going to take the combined effort of corporations that don't like putting their money into their own companies.

Still, I'm far more worried about how the right's fiercely into its warmongering ways again. If the only good thing about Obama was that he didn't heedlessly rush into war with Iran (in fact, he pretty much saved us from one), that's one up against who was running against him in 08, who you'll remember as casually singing about bombing Iran to the tune of a Beach Boys song and passing it off as a joke. And he was freaking more liberal and sane than the two Republican front runners. In this climate of going to the Middle East and fighting terrorists with campaigns that create worse terrorist, I'm totally afraid of what boneheaded move Cruz and or Drumph would make. I don't want to have to hear talks of "Super Isis Extreme" in 4 years.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We've been out of the recession (in certain terms I'll go into) for at least 6 years now.
We have? You sure about that? Because a majority of the people I know are still working their butts off with multiple jobs and still barely living at that - my family even still goes through financially tight periods . . . maybe not as frequently as we were for a while, but it still happens from time to time.

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
Honestly, ISIS may be the #1 threat in the world in the moment, and there needs to be at least SOME thing done, the big, looming threat no one talks about is China. They have aggressively tried to take over the South China Sea, and Vietnam, who isn't really a "good guy", seized one of their ships. And, oh yeah, Resources. A China resource War is likely to happen. They're going to do something about their lack of resources, which is invietable considering China industrialized so rapidly, stuff has to catch up. And, speaking of China, they resemble 1920's America, right before the Great Depression. Yup, I see that happening.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
UGH, Donald Drumph just won the New York primaries by a lot. Seriously America, I can't even with you anymore.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, it is his turf, so, I guess I can see how that would happen.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
I watched the rally tonight on TV, and it was held at one of the local high schools. I heard that a lot of people got thrown out of the rally, and some got arrested. trump did nothing but bash other candidates, never did talk about the problems that this country have and what he is going to do about them, if he ever became president.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Isn't that what all politicians do? Granted, he's not actually a politician, but he seems to be playing their ways alright.

And notice how his rallies are always the ones that stir up so much violence? Another clear sign he shouldn't be president.