Just When You Thought It Might Get Better...

tomahawk

Reaction score
I went to Disney's California Adventure yesterday and they were having a sneak preview of Monster's Inc. the ride and I was thinking, great, hopefully the shop will be open and I can check for new Muppets stuff. After seeing that they had the new Kermit statue and a new Animal shirt(for the ladies) at the World Of Disney store I had high hopes that the store would have some new stuff. Well, there is hardly any Muppet merchandise left. Some movie and plush is about it. So sad.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Augh!

I'm going again this coming May. Was hoping to at least get some new Muppety pins. Did you see any?

When we went last June, I ended up with Kermit and Piggy pins, as well as another pin with the new "main" group, and those were all nice. But my most favorite prize from that trip was/is this awesome Fozzie stuffed animal! He's really big (16" or taller?), and being the picky-person that I am, I got the best looking one! Carried him around with me all day and got lots of great compliments from cast members and fellow Disney-heads.

tomahawk

Reaction score
The only pin that I saw that you might not have is in Disneyland itself. It's in the pin shop in New Orleans Square. It has Kermit tied up in a rope by Piggy. Very western looking. Not a new pin but it may be something you don't have.

BEAR

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:
Augh!

I'm going again this coming May. Was hoping to at least get some new Muppety pins. Did you see any?

When we went last June, I ended up with Kermit and Piggy pins, as well as another pin with the new "main" group, and those were all nice. But my most favorite prize from that trip was/is this awesome Fozzie stuffed animal! He's really big (16" or taller?), and being the picky-person that I am, I got the best looking one! Carried him around with me all day and got lots of great compliments from cast members and fellow Disney-heads.

You were getting compliments for carrying a stuffed animal around all day?

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
LOL, yeah!!!

And you gotta admit, it's not just any old stuffed animal, it's the one and only Fozzie Bear!

Plus it was cool when I was standing in line for Pirates, there were these teenage girls a couple groups in front of us, and one of them was wearing a Zoe backpack! We had this kind of unspoken understanding that we just knew how cool each other was for showing our Muppet Pride.

If only they had a really good-looking Gonzo plush, I'd be carrying him around next time!

BEAR

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:
LOL, yeah!!!

And you gotta admit, it's not just any old stuffed animal, it's the one and only Fozzie Bear!

Plus it was cool when I was standing in line for Pirates, there were these teenage girls a couple groups in front of us, and one of them was wearing a Zoe backpack! We had this kind of unspoken understanding that we just knew how cool each other was for showing our Muppet Pride.

If only they had a really good-looking Gonzo plush, I'd be carrying him around next time!
Where in the parks did you get it?

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
yeah they also changed the shop from "Rizzos Prop and Pawn" to "STUDIO STORE". its pretty lame. As far as the pins go; those you can get anywhere. Basically what they are doing is putting the Muppet stuff all over the park, instead of having one little hut. Which means more variety in products; not LESS products. Its weird I know.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that they moved the giant "Muppetvision 3-D" sign back against the building? It doesn't stand out the way it used to. They also added stars around the perimeter of it with drawings of the characters in them. I didn't have my camera with me or I would have taken a picture.

:stick_out_tongue:

tomahawk

Reaction score
RockSTAR girl said:
yeah they also changed the shop from "Rizzos Prop and Pawn" to "STUDIO STORE". its pretty lame. As far as the pins go; those you can get anywhere. Basically what they are doing is putting the Muppet stuff all over the park, instead of having one little hut. Which means more variety in products; not LESS products. Its weird I know.

The funny thing is, I didn't see much more variety. Other than the statue and the Animal shirt all they had in the other store (yes, one store) were the same mini-plushes they had at the "Studio Store". Who knows, maybe soon we will all be overwhelmed with the amount of Muppet merchandise that the park will start having in the stores.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Hopefully.

And Bear, I got my Fozzie at Rizzo's Shop back in June (before all the construction).

WOE, that's cool about the Muppet star drawings! Are they any good?