Kate Monster Replica

ashkent

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of a replica of Kate Monster from Avenue Q.

One thing i didn't realise would be so hard was making the eyes work without custom vacuum forming them. They did end up a little rounder than the original's but they worked overall.

Hope you like her.

WillyThePig

Reaction score
i like it. the eyes seem a little too big and bulgey though. it looks fantastic but not exactly like kate monster. for eyes like this i tend to use those big clear plastic ornaments you get at craft stores and cutting a circle out of them and sanding them like crazy. then painting them white several times to get a a smooth finish. the eyes come out a little flatter but not completely flat

ashkent

Reaction score
i like it. the eyes seem a little too big and bulgey though. it looks fantastic but not exactly like kate monster. for eyes like this i tend to use those big clear plastic ornaments you get at craft stores and cutting a circle out of them and sanding them like crazy. then painting them white several times to get a a smooth finish. the eyes come out a little flatter but not completely flat
Yes the one thing I wasn't fully happy with were the eyes. I tried a load of different things and almost came close with a makeup foundation lid but it was too small although it was the perfect shape. So in the end I had to settle for half domes sunken into the foam of the skull. I think they could have been sunken a little more but i needed it finishing so had to settle for it as it is here. Really I need to get my vacuum forming machine up and running to be able to sort out custom eye shapes.