Kathy G. on Sesame Street

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know I promised, I'd never write anything outside of T*K*O again, but I felt this shouldn't be too bad...at least I'm not writing anything about Kathy like I did last time at KGZ. This sucks, but I hope it will be okay...

Kathy Greenwood on Sesame Street
(Featuring: Alan Muroka, Sonia Manzano, Emilio Delgado, Carroll Spinney, Kevin Clash, Fran Brill, Joey Mazzarino, Steve Whitmire, Eric Jacobson, and David Rudman)
Special Appearance by: Kathryn Greenwood.​

Chapter 1.

Big Bird and Elmo are heading out of Big Bird's nest area, and towards the arbor.

BIG BIRD: La, la, la, la! (Looks to camera) Oh hi! Elmo, look who's here!

ELMO: (Looks to camera) Oh hi! Welcome to Sesame Street! Elmo and Big Bird are so excited! Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

BIG BIRD: That's right, Prairie Dawn is putting on a new spring pageant today, and we've all been invited!

ELMO: Yeah, come on! Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

With that, Big Bird and Elmo entered the arbor where 6 wooden benches were set up in two rows of three. In front of the benches was a little stage set up with curtains and painted scenery and everything. Ernie, Bert, Telly, Baby Bear, and several other Muppets were already taking their seats, as Big Bird and Elmo grabbed theirs. Meanwhile, behind the curtains, Prairie Dawn was frantically skimming over her script again and again.

PRAIRIE DAWN: Oh I don't believe this! I must have read this script over 100 times, and it still seems like there's something missing!

Prairie then flipped through the script carefully one more time to make sure she had everything...

PRAIRIE DAWN: (Looking through script) Act One: "The Spring Time Blues"...Grover and Cookie are already set for that one, Act Two: "The Birds and the Bees" (Looks offstage at a cage full of trained little Muppet birds and bees) check. And Act Three: "The Spring Dancing and Singing Recital" thankfully Zoë will be handling that!

Seconds later, Alan exited Hooper's Store and quietly walked over to Prairie's back stage.

ALAN: Hey Prairie?

PRAIRIE DAWN: Yes Alan?

ALAN: Zoë’s mother just called, she has to take her to doctor, and won't be able to sing and dance in your pageant.

PRAIRIE DAWN: (Shocked) Oh no! Oh no, this is terrible! How can I possibly have a spring pageant without Zoë’s wonderful singing and dancing?

ALAN: Oh don't worry Prairie, I'm sure you'll think of something!

PRAIRIE DAWN: No! No! It's hopeless! The show's off!

ALAN: Aw, don't do that Prairie, everybody's waiting to see a great show! Maybe you can find someone else to do your singing and dancing act.

PRAIRIE DAWN: Maybe, but whom? I don't think there's another person on Sesame Street who could possibly sing and dance like Zoë!

Suddenly, the Elephant appeared in his ballerina outfit.

ELEPHANT: Hi! I hear you're looking for a new dancer and singer for your spring pageant!

PRAIRIE DAWN: Why yes I am, but who are you?

ELEPHANT: I'm an elephant, and I love to dance!

The elephant then started giggling and jumping up and down shaking the whole street. Alan and Prairie gave each other skeptical looks.

PRAIRIE DAWN: We'll call you.

ELEPHANT: Oh goody! I'm finally making my big break in show business!!!

The elephant continued giggling, jumping, shaking the street, and headed off. Prairie shook her head, while Alan tried to reassure her.

ALAN: Don't worry Prairie, you'll think of something. I've got to get back to work, but I'll be watching from the window.

PRAIRIE DAWN: Oh, thanks Alan.

ALAN: Sure. Good luck.

With that, Alan walked off, leaving Prairie in her studies.

PRAIRIE DAWN: Where can I possibly find someone to fill in for Zoë?

Meanwhile, down the street, the subway doors opened to reveal a blonde woman arriving with two heavy suitcases. The woman was Canadian actress/comedienne Kathy Greenwood, on her way to meet her "Women Fully Clothed" co-stars for a tour in Hamilton, Ontario, but unfortunately, she seemed to make a wrong turn somewhere in the subway.

KATHY: Say, this doesn't look like Hamilton! (Looks at train schedule) Hmm, well fancy that, I grabbed the wrong train to...(Looks closer) Sesame Street. Wow, I've never actually be to Sesame Street before! I thought this place looked familiar! But that's the last time I take public transportation for commute!

Kathy continued looking at her schedule to see if she could possibly catch another train to Hamilton before it was too late. It was at that moment, Maria and Luis exited the Mail-It-Shop with handfuls of mail that needed to be sorted for outgoing deliveries. Maria noticed someone off to the side looking at a schedule, and went over to see if she could be of some help.

MARIA: Hi there, I'm Maria, may I help you?

KATHY: Oh hi Maria! No thank you, I was just checking the train schedules here. Can you believe I grabbed the wrong train?

MARIA: Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.

KATHY: Me too, I'm always sorry to hear "that". I'd rather listen to "this" instead of "that".

MARIA: Say, haven't I seen you somewhere before?

KATHY: Ever been to Australia?

MARIA: No.

KATHY: Me neither. (Giggles) Forgive me, my name is Kathy Greenwood.

The two then shook hands.

MARIA: Kathy Greenwood, the actress?

KATHY: It's not Kathy Greenwood the author.

MARIA: (Chuckles) I’ve seen you on television before, you’re quite talented.

KATHY: Well thank you very much.

Luis then joined the two.

LUIS: Hi there, my name is Luis, welcome to Sesame Street.

KATHY: Thank you very much. I’m Kathy Greenwood.

LUIS: Say, I thought you looked familiar! What brings you down here to Sesame Street?

KATHY: I grabbed the wrong train in the subway. Of course, I know I shouldn’t have in the first place: grabbing’s not that nice.

At that moment, little Prairie Dawn walked over to the mail stand.

PRAIRIE DAWN: Hi Maria, hi Luis!

MARIA and LUIS: Hola Prairie!

PRAIRIE DAWN: Did I receive anything in the mail today?

Maria looked through the pile of mail on the stand.

MARIA: No, nothing for you today Prairie. Sorry.

PRAIRIE DAWN: Oh that is alright Maria.

LUIS: Say Prairie, aren’t you putting on a show today?

PRAIRIE DAWN: No, the show’s been cancelled.

Maria and Luis looked at the camera with puzzled looks on their faces.

MARIA and LUIS: Cancelled?

PRAIRIE DAWN: Cancelled.

MARIA: Aw, why?

PRAIRIE DAWN: Zoë had to go to the doctor today. Without Zoë, I have no one to sing and dance in the final act of the pageant, so I had no other alternative but to cancel the show.

MARIA: Aw, I’m so sorry Prairie.

LUIS: Yeah me too, I was looking forward to seeing your show today.

PRAIRIE DAWN: Well, I’m sorry to disappoint everyone, but it’s just hard to find someone who both sing and dance at the same time.

KATHY: Excuse me, I couldn’t help but over hear your little dilemma there, but do you mind if I audition for your show?

PRAIRIE DAWN: I suppose, are you a singer and dancer?

KATHY: Well, not technically, but I can sing and dance at the same time, and I’m good at making things up on the spot.

Prairie thought for a moment, then came to a decision.

PRAIRIE DAWN: Alright, you’ve got the job Mrs.…ugh…Mrs.…

KATHY: Greenwood. Kathy Greenwood, but please, just call me Kathy.

PRAIRIE DAWN: Alright Kathy, will you please follow me this way?

Prairie walked towards the arbor in her own little Muppety way.

KATHY: If I follow her that way, but she has such a cute little walk.

As Kathy followed Prairie towards the now empty arbor, Kathy pulled out a cell phone from her coat pocket.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Snowthy I love this. It's such a brilliant concept.:excited:

You must write more. Please buddy. You're so clever to make this up yourself:smile:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
This is really well thought out! I don't watch much "Whose Line" but this really fits with her character, making cracks about everything! It's perfect so far!! Can't wait to see more of it, Snowthy!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Wow! I'm impressed Muffin Monster! You write really well both for Sesame Street and for Kathy Greenwood! Way to go!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
You're that suprised that your work is that good? Or that people really like it? I love it so far! Can't wait to see more, Snowthy!