Kermie's Girl (ushy-gushy fanfic)

Ruahnna

Reaction score
The Count said:
Well... Having gotten past the first part... This story is definitely picking up steam. I'm skipping over some of the more "mature" moments, but I know that's part of what you intended as part of the driving force for the narrative. There are other parts I've liked, and we're all awaiting for more soon or whenever you can post it.
Oh--so sorry, Count, dear. I guess the "mature" moments are not everyone's cup of tea. (I've tried to keep them pretty PG.) I did warn that this story was, well, ushy-gushy, but it does have a storyline and I've tried to stay true to the character of the, um characters. Hopefully, there will be enough plot and enough ushy-gushy to satisfy everyone without overwhelming anyone. (Hopefully.) :concern:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, to tell the truth... Though I'm skipping over that stuff like I said... It has been fairly well-balanced throughout so far. And like I said, I understand that such an affair is central to the story's overall development. Just keep writing the way you've done so far and it'l be OK.

Morgan Clueless

Reaction score
As a lurker-turned-member, I've been reading this story, and I really like it so far. Lots of detail, emotional parts (I can't think of any other word except "parts"), and--of course--development in the characters! :flirt:

Anyways, keep up the good work, Ruhanna!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Thanks, guys--hugs all around. I'm having a great time with my some of my favorite characters in the whole world.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Waiting patiently for an update... No, really I am.
Sorry if I stole your line Lisa, would you like it back?

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Chapter 12: “Ate like a horse—slept like a log."

After a family consult, everyone had concluded that it was better for Robin to be home for Thanksgiving, but to come as soon after the holiday as the traffic died down. It was Wednesday of the week after Thanksgiving, and Kermit, Fozzie and Sweetums were waiting anxiously for any sign of Robin at the teeming airport.
“I’m really glad Robin flew in before we left for Vegas,” Kermit said, craning his neck worriedly. “The Vegas airport is way too crowded.” He stood up on his tippy-toes. “Do you see him, Sweetums?”
“Not yet,” Sweetums said. “But I’m a-lookin.’”
And getting some very odd looks himself, Kermit wagered.
“Anything on your side, Fozzie?”
“No, no, no….” Fozzie said, counting off the passengers.
“Let me know if you see him,” Kermit interrupted. He craned his neck hopefully, searching for a small, green familiar figure.
They had a few more moments of suspense before Sweetums—who had the definite advantage of height—let out a great whoop (woot?) of triumph and slogged through the crowd to pluck Robin out of the midst of them.
“Sir!” a red-vested stewardess complained. “This young, um, man is meeting someone. You can’t just—“ She spied Kermit and smiled. “Hello, Mr. the Frog,” she said warmly. “I believe your expected passenger has arrived.”
“Thanks,” Kermit said gratefully. “Thanks a whole lot.” He leaned in, dropping his voice. “Was he okay on the plane?”
“Uncle Kermit!” Robin protested from atop Sweetums' shoulders, but the stewardess smiled and nodded.
“Ate like a, um, horse—slept like a log. No problems at all, sir.”
“Thank you,” Kermit said again. “Thanks so much.”
After stretching up to both give and receive a kiss from his nephew, Kermit steered their little party toward the luggage conveyers.
“Hey Uncle Kermit—can I ride on the conveyor belt and travel in the cargo hold on the way home?”
“Um, no, Robin—it’s not safe.”
“But you did it,” Robin protested.
Kermit looked at him in consternation. “I did?”
“He’s right,” Fozzie said solemnly. “We did that once.”
“What? Oh! Fozzie, that was a movie. Robin—that was just a movie—we didn’t actually ride in the cargo hold of an actual airplane.”
“Oh,” Robin said, clearly disappointed. “But you used a parachute,” he added hopefully.
“Well, yes,” Kermit admitted. “That part really happened.”
“I can’t always keep track,” Fozzie murmured.
“Oh,” Robin said again, thinking hard. “Could I do that?”
“Um, maybe sometime, Robin, but right now we’ve got to get your luggage. Everybody’s anxious to see you—we’ve got your room all ready.”
“Did Aunt Piggy bake some of those cookies I like?”
Kermit and Fozzie exchanged looks. “Well,” Kermit hedged, “I think I did see some of those cookies at the house.”
“Yippee!” Robin said. “Can I jump on the bed in my room? Can I swim in the pool tonight? Do I have to take a bath if I go swimming? Can I keep a cookie under my pillow in case I get hungry in the middle of the night. Is there still a night-light in my room, because I’m too old for a night-light now.”
“My head hurts,” Fozzie whispered, and Kermit grunted happily in response.
They were at the luggage carousel now, and Robin—with a bird’s eye (er, frog's eye) view—pointed his luggage out the second it appeared. Sweetums swooped in, gathered it in one huge hand and they were heading for home.
Sitting in the back of the car, Kermit put his arm around Robin, who alternated between leaning against his uncle and craning to look out the window and commenting on absolutely everything he saw. Bemused, Kermit smiled. It was easy to forget how high-energy Robin could be.
The travel took its toll, however, and Robin was fast asleep by the time they reached home. Although tempted to carry him in and put him right to bed, Kermit did not wish to be awakened at two in the morning by a refreshed and re-energized little frog. Gently, he shook Robin awake and, after a few sleepy moments, Robin vaulted out of the car and into Piggy’s waiting arms for a split-second hug before bounding in the door. While Sweetums put the car away, Kermit, Piggy and Fozzie trailed into the house.
Robin could be heard clearly from his first-floor bedroom, commenting on the new television set in his room, the view from his window, the bounciness of his bed and the amount of closet space he had. Kermit smiled. It was easy to forget the wonder of everyday things when you were constantly surrounded by them, but Robin always reveled in his time away from the swamp. Like his uncle, there was more than a dash of wanderlust in his makeup, and he enjoyed taking in every new experience that came his way.
“Francois is putting the finishing touches on dinner,” Piggy said. “I’ll go make sure everything is ready.”
“We’ll wash up,” Kermit said, corralling Robin and steering him toward the sink. “C’mon, Fozzie,” Kermit said.
Fozzie looked up hopefully. “Oh—I wasn’t going to stay….” He began, his eyes wistful, but Kermit grabbed his arm and pulled him after him.
“Don’t be ridiculous, Fozzie,” Kermit said sternly. “Of course you’re staying. You’re family.”
“And families have to stick together—no matter what!” Robin piped up.
“Yeah,” Kermit said firmly. “No matter what.”

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Now that was a good chapter. And I'm sure Lisa will tell you so as soon as she comes in and reads it. When that'll be, well, not sure if I'm the person to ask about that.

Robin's energy and amazement comes through like a little green light in the dark... Helps ease the tension of the story's true intent what with Fleet bedeviling Kermit and mostly Piggy with his investigative making up of the news.
And insisting that Fozzie stay for dinner cause he's family... And family sticks together no matter what.
A really nice ending to the chapter.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Gosh I love this story! I was finally able to catch up after being gone for a week. I just love how you're building the storyline and delving into the personal lives of the Muppets. It's highly entertaining and I look forward to when you update!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<whispers>

Pst. I am not here. If anyone asks- you did not see me! I did not sneak onto my parent's computer to use their internet to come and read this and tell you that this chapter is FANTASTICABULOUS! <looks around. Whispers> Nor did I shout just now. Anyway. Robin's here! Yay! And all his energy, and the confusion about whether or not Kermit and Fozzie rode in cargo (They don't serve food in ninth class... twelve dollars and you don't even get a meal! <giggles>) and all of Robin's energy and Sweetums swooping in, and did I mention Robin's energy? And his enthusiasm, and... Oh it makes me happy!!!

But remember, I am not here, and I did not say any of this.

MORE PLEASE!

<whispers> You didn't hear that. You're going to listen to it, but you didn't hear it. Understand? Oh good. Because I don't. I'll see you when I'm really here. Auf Wiedersehen! ...Oh, and Count, yes I would like my line back, please, although I must compliment your use of it... <vanishes>

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Since you're not here I rully can't give it back.
Unless we get more story... Or unless someone starts reading and posting in another sort of story I got...