kermit and don music shared a house!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Has anybody noticed that in the Mary Had a Bicycle sketch that the set used for Don Music's home is the same one that was used for Kermit's home in the 1970s? They had the same hosue set, though a different set was used for Don's home in Yankee Doodle (maybe Don sold his house to Kermit, or perhaps he gave it to Kermit as a way of thanking him for helping write a song). Of course, Kermit's living room would also change in the 1980s, and in the 1990s sketch where Kermit and Grover demonstrate light and dark, the living room is once again different.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Clearly, they used an old set so they didn't have to pay to get another one built. Very conservative of them (by which I mean, monitarily, not politiaclly).

Anyway, I always pictued Kermit living either in the Swamp or at the theater. Just my thoughts though.

sesameguy

Reaction score
(maybe Don sold his house to Kermit, or perhaps he gave it to Kermit as a way of thanking him for helping write a song).
I would hope so! I always thought that Kermit might have the right to sue Don if he didn't give him credit! :smile:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I would hope so! I always thought that Kermit might have the right to sue Don if he didn't give him credit! :smile:
Perhaps he did and that--along with children emulating Mr. Music's head banging--was why Don was fired...:frown:

JLG

Reaction score
LOL--when I saw the title of this thread I thought it would be referring to the sketch where Don Music trying to write what the audience knows to be the Sesame Street theme song, but with Kermit's help ends up changing it into something else. It's a strange because it's at night, and for some reason Kermit's there, in his reporter's outfit, even holding his microphone, but he never addresses the audience as if it were a news report. Apparantly he's just hanging out at Don's house for the heck of it. In his reporter's outfit. With his microphone.

Right. People do that. :smile:

Incidentally, on the subject of Kermit's house, my imaginary history is that one Mr. Kermit D. Frog, struggling young actor, moved from the swamp to New York City in the mid-60s, and with his friend Rowlf the Dog, found a cheap apartment on Sesame Street. (I base this on Rowlf appearing in that promo and in the "9" Baker sketch) The two shared the apartment for a couple of years until Rowlf got some piano gig and moved out because the commute would have been too much. Kermit stayed where he was, eventually starting up the Muppet Theater and assembling his whole motley troupe, and scraping by with various gigs over the years. (The Muppet Theater is somewhere in NYC, but that doesn't make Kermit's commute easy, since even people who live on Sesame Street can never easily find their way back home. Thus the eternal question. :rolleyes: )

In the Frog's mind, he's still a struggling actor and businessman always on the verge of bankruptcy, and the considerable success he's had in his career never really occurs to him.

Whether Kermit finally moved away from Sesame Street, or if he still does live there and we just don't happen to run into him lately, I'll let someone else weigh in on.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I would say it could be an apartment/ Condo complex, and all the rooms look the same.

I would hope so! I always thought that Kermit might have the right to sue Don if he didn't give him credit!
Well, that arrises 2 things.

1) Does Kermit actually want credit for those songs? Seems like he'd be too embarassed to admit it.

2) He probably gave the ideas to him gratis, no strings attatched, because, considering Don Music bangs his head, he could have had other violent outbursts Kermit didn't want to see.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
1) Does Kermit actually want credit for those songs? Seems like he'd be too embarassed to admit it.
He seemed to want a co-writing credit for Don Music's remake of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.