1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Kermit and Miss Piggy at the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Nov 23, 2002.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

In honor of the new Kermit balloon, Miss Piggy and Kermit will be at the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.

Here's their official site. Be sure to visit the virtual tour...

http://www.macysparade.com/

Check local listings for times in your area...

http://www.tvguide.com/listings/

Let us know what you think of Kermit and Miss Piggy's appearance!
  2. murgatoad

murgatoad New Member

Saw it. An embarrassment. Looks like someone at Henson took the People blurb a tad too seriously. Kermit making the oh-so-funny fat jokes. Piggy came off far better because ol' Al enjoyed snuggling with her.

Whatever. *shrug*
  3. BoomShaKaLaKa

BoomShaKaLaKa New Member

Saw it too. Nothing embarrassing about it. It was funny, and Kermit and Piggy both seemed very much in character. Al looked like he enjoyed playing with them.

Eric's doing a good job with Piggy. From the Today show appearance and now this one, it looks as though he's becoming more comfortable with her character.

Can't wait for the Very Merry Muppet Christmas.
  4. murgatoad

murgatoad New Member

Well, it helps not to be too fussy, I suppose. ;)

As for Eric, I've read two reviews of the special that disagree with your assessment of his performance. *shrug*
  5. Ryan

Ryan New Member

I dunno. I thought it was pretty good. However, I will agree that Piggy is more fussy than ever, but it was still good. Also, hearing Piffy say "frig*in' cold" was pretty funny.. hee hee. ;)
  6. murgatoad

murgatoad New Member

By "fussy", I was referring to Boomie, not Piggy.

Sorry I missed Piggy's swear word. Yes, the Muppets HAVE hit a new high.

That was sarcasm, by the way.
  7. pezbalubah

pezbalubah Member

I thought Kermit and Piggy would actually be in the parade in a car or something... oh well... when I was there the crowd was chanting "Kermit, Kermit!" as the balloon passed as they did with some of the other balloons, but not all of them, and he seemed to get the most chants.
  8. C'irdan

C'irdan New Member

great parade

That was a great morning! It started out with 3 commercials for the new movie, two muppet mastercard commercials, and lots of muppety goodness! The Sesame Street float and Big Bird balloon were fantastic! I loved hearing and seeing all my favorite people and puppets together! The Kermit and Piggy appearance was good too, Steve's got the voice SMACK down on it!!!! Piggy's voice was a little off, but she seemed very in character and she did do a kissy kissy which hasn't been said in a while! The kermit balloon was by far the best there (well I am pretty biased but still) and I loved the hairspray number too! I still can't figure out why people always start anything involving the muppets as "It's not easy being green" and thinking it's original...seriously look at half the articles here! :) The movie looks fantastic and did anyone else see that Fozzie was all green and dressed up as the grinch? He had a little wispy thing on his head and angry eyebrows and his fur was green! It'll be great. :) Very very cool!!!!
  9. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I'm stoked and the appearance was great, but too brief. I feel the Muppets have been pasteurized in recent years, but with each appearance it is clear that they are back in true Muppet form!
  10. Ryan

Ryan New Member

Did anyone catch the Chicago TARGET Parade? There was another Kermit balloon there, who was standing. It can be seen on Tough Pigs. Also, the Philadelpia Parade had a big Elmo and Dorothy Balloon.:D
  11. Muppets1985

Muppets1985 Member

I got it ALL On tape!! :)

YES!! it was good, OOps lol i mean ....GREAT!!! theres waz like about 100 avertizments for the Christmas movie, 2 master cards and a MOnsters,Inc thanksgiving yesss...I was laughing my head off when Piggy was "flurtting" with that guy LOL very well done and Kermit saying Piggy Lost wate, LOL a classic!!!:D Yes the Kermit balloon was all so great, but i WAS a little bummed out b/c they DIDN'T have the Mickey mouse balloon :( :D n e wayz it was great (& HOPPFULY it cout Disneys eye!) Sooo.. I got it ALL on tape 3 fun fild hours, IF any one would like a tape, i WILL have to do it after christmas b/c i'll be getting another VCR/DVD player, so maybe we can work somthing out!:) :D :D

bye °o°
  12. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Guys,

Whats this about Fozzie ?

I thought the only Muppets there were Kermit and Piggy ?

See ya
  13. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

BlueFrackle,

They're referring to a clip of Fozzie from the new TV Movie. That's on in about 24 hours....

Can't wait!

"*shrug*"

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
  14. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

I thought the appearance was great. Short, but great. I loved the ending (Piggy chasing Kermit). Eric's Piggy rocks (he has the character down very well, and the voice is just as good as Frank's)...
  15. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

What did the balloon look like? Did it look like the famous old balloon from the 70's, or was he wearing something/in a different position/etc.?
  16. AbbessBryony

AbbessBryony New Member

This has to be best day I ever had. I saw two different comericals (I could be wrong) for It's a Very Muppet Christmas Movie and the MasterCard comercial twice. The appearance by Kermit and Miss Piggy was great, especially at the end when Miss Piggy is chasing Kermit. :D It was cool that Sesame Street has a float, not to mention the Big Bird balloon. And this ends the ramblings of AbbessBryony.
    :cool: (Thank goodness I watched the whole parade. It was worth the wait. :D)
  17. It was nice to see Kermit and Piggy on the parade today.

The new Kermit balloon was nice (and it was nice that they played the "Muppet Show Closing Theme" music while the balloon was being shown).

It was also neat that the "Sesame Street" float included characters from some of the international versions of the show (Abelardo and Lola from "Plaza Sesamo", Moishe Oofnik from "Rechov Sumsum"/"Shalom Sesame", etc.).
  18. ChellisPal

ChellisPal Member

I think ALL the stuff we have been seeing is really positive, I think our fuzzy friends are on the right track again. I cant remeber seeing Kermit and Piggy like that in a LONG time. Its good that both Steve and Eic are bringing them back to the way we love em!!!
  19. murgatoad

murgatoad New Member

Says the Henson plant. ;)
  20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Henson plant? What kind? Is he leafy and green or is he more like a cactus? What's his name? I think I like the idea of a Henson plant. ;)