1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 18th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Christmas Shopping
    Support Muppet Central and get great deals for everyone on your list! From Blu-rays and DVDs to Plush and Toys to Collector's Books you'll find something for everyone.

4. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Kermit and Miss Piggy on The Last Leg

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by xSunnyEclipse, Feb 25, 2018.

1. xSunnyEclipse

xSunnyEclipse Well-Known Member

Starting at 20:13, Kermit and Miss Piggy made an appearance on The Last Leg.

Froggy Fool and Pig's Laundry like this.
  2. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

That was actually really fun!

3. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

Yeah, I quite like this. I thought we got some good Kermit/Piggy banter, and finally this Muppet appearance actually made me laugh (more than once!!).

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  4. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

Fun appearance! One little note, that was Matt's best "Yaaaaay!" to date. Other times, he usually just does it in a soft falsetto, but I guess the secret is really just screaming it out. I think he is really starting to settle into the role.

Froggy Fool and Pig's Laundry like this.
  5. Froggy Fool

Yeah, I thought other than the Hollywood Bowl this was definitely his best appearance. For whatever reason, he always seems to do a better Kermit in live appearances/venues. Don't know what that's about.

6. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

Not working but here's the clip on Youtube.

If David Cameron calls say No HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bliffenstimmers likes this.
  7. Timhodge

Timhodge Member

There’s some fun stuff in the episode, but I was quite shocked at Matt’s performance. I haven’t heard him since right around his debut, and I thought he had some potential at first. But I didn’t think his Last Leg appearance was convincing as Kermit at all.

Still early days, I’m not writing him off and best of luck to him, but I thought this was disappointing. And that just really surprised me.

8. Froggy Fool

That's fair. I mean personally, I like Kermit in this and in almost everything he's been in so far, but I can see where people are coming from; Matt's Kermit has a very distinct "Matt" tone to it, and most people aren't used to that in Kermit. So I thought this was good, but not Matt's best. I still think Matt did the best at the Hollywood Bowl show.

9. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

Fair enough mate. But I'll agree matt Vogel taking over characters is never something I've got used to. I never got used to his Robin and started to adapt to his Floyd after the Muppets 2011 and also Steves Kermit always felt warm and kind. Matt has not really shown that yet but I will always have faith in Matt Vogel

10. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

It works for me.

11. Timhodge

Timhodge Member

I think I worded that post a little too harshly. I do have faith in Matt's ability to make this work and as I said I acknowledge that he's only just started his "Journey to Kermie". I was NOT a big fan of Steve in the early days, I know it takes time for the performers to get used to Kermit and for us to get used to the performers. And this appearance was great, apart from the fact that I struggled with the change - which is on me more than Matt. But change is obviously inevitable when you're dealing with a property this old.

I can't imagine how they could convincingly replace Dave Goelz when he retires.

12. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I really can't deal with that pending inevitable day. I can't imagine any other performer taking on his characters, especially Gonzo.

13. Froggy Fool

It will be a sad day, to say the least. :(