Kermit and Piggy Cake Toppers

rmdm

Reaction score
My fiance and I are desperately looking for Kermit and Piggy cake toppers for our wedding in Oct. If anyone has, or knows where we can get them it would be great!!

Dave

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
I would suggest you go to Toys R Us (or Toysrus.com) and EB Games or (ebgames.com) and pick up an exclusive Kermit in Tuxedo action figure and a long haired Miss Piggy action figure. Get yourself some white paint, tulle (you can get it very cheaply at any fabric store), and some little fake flowers (fabric or craft store). Paint Piggy's dress white. Make her a veil by gathering one end of a rectangle of tulle and gluing it to her head. Glue fake flowers over the gathered edge of the tulle (to hide the glue and any bunching in the tulle). Glue a flower on Kermit's lapel as a boutinier (sorry about the spelling). Tiny a small bow around a bunch of flowers and glue them in Piggy's hand as a bouquet. You could even use one of the stands the figures come with. Put one of Piggy's feet on a peg and one of Kermit's feet on the other peg. Have whoever is doing your cake cover the base of the stand in frosting, a doiliey that matches the frosting, or flowers. The base could also be painted to blend in with the cake.

There are some other suggestions on how to come up with a Kermit and Piggy cake topper in the MuppetCentral FAQ.

Good luck!

dlphntat

Reaction score
Sadly, this may be your best choice for a cake topper.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I can't find one.

I once saw Miss Piggy Candy molds, and I wonder if the store still has them. I saw a whole figure mold of Fozzie there. If you want, I could aquire one for you. If you (or I) can find whole figure of Kermit and Piggy, However, You could fill it with Marzapan and have someone paint it with food coloring. It won't last, but it's the best I can think of.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Personally, I'd rather have a Janice/Floyd cake-topper or a Mokey/Gobo one. But I don't expect Ken or anybody else to make those anytime soon, lol.

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
Personally, I'd rather have a Janice/Floyd cake-topper or a Mokey/Gobo one. But I don't expect Ken or anybody else to make those anytime soon, lol.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY off topic, but we had Jack Skellington and Sally on ours! We used the PVC figures by Jun Planning out of Japan.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Hey, that's pretty cool! And somethin' I hadn't heard of, either...well I mean, I know who Jack and Sally are, but hadn't heard of 'em as a caketopper---perfect for a Halloween weddin', lol!

GWGumby

Reaction score
While we're at it, for what it's worth, I had figurines of Gumby and his best gal pal Goo on my wedding cake. Long story as to why they were there, (check out my screen name,) but it sure turned some heads to see those cartoon characters on top of a fancy formal wedding cake.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
Personally, I'd rather have a Janice/Floyd cake-topper or a Mokey/Gobo one.
Wait!?!? Mokey and Gobo were a couple? I always thought it was Red and Gobo! Wo-o-ow Fraggle love triangle. Heavy stuff man!

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
I had hippos on mine. They were very tasteful hippos, if that helps any.