1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Kermit and Walter at YouTube Space LA

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by WalterLinz, Apr 29, 2015.

1. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I was expecting all of these to appear on the Muppets Studio YouTube channel, but it looks like they'll all debut on different channels (I wonder if they'll eventually go to the Muppets channel). Kind of reminds me of when Weird Al's music videos from last year all debuted on different websites and YouTube channels.

I'd like to expect these to be the "Muppets YouTube" thing we've known about (otherwise, there's two different sets of Muppet stuff for YouTube in one year?), but I have a feeling it'll be at least a week before we see the stuff from the pictures found on Twitter.

It seems like a lot of these will have celebrities, or be part of other peoples YouTube channels (hey, I have a YouTube channel! Though I don't have the means of going to YouTube Space LA), but I hope that some of these only feature the Muppets (well, that announcement video only did).

Duke Remington likes this.
  2. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

I just want to know if we are going to see Pigs in Space in this coming week!!!

3. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Here is another one with Gonzo Rizzo and a surprise guest!

Duke Remington likes this.
  4. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

This was posted just over a month ago...

Supposedly, this is all we are getting.

• May 6: Mental Floss sits down with Miss Piggy, Rowlf the Dog, the Swedish Chef, the Electric Mayhem and more for a special Muppet edition of “The List Show” that airs every Wednesday.
    • May 7: Lindsey Stirling performs “Pure Imagination” with the whole Muppet gang and a special surprise star.
    • June 3: John and Hank Green from “Crash Course” encounter a classroom full of rowdy Muppets.

5. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Come on, what is wrong with Disney, instead of making real muppet videos, they stuff them into random song covers, and educational videos, seriously Beaker getting a bad taste in his mouth, what happened to him being hurt, I mean I am fine with these, but just saying what I think about the whole situation.

6. dwayne1115

I'm confused! What does Muppet Central's tweet mean. "We don't need anymore Muppet Videos"? Has there twitter account been hacked or something?

7. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

I believe the tweet said, "We don't need anymore Muppet Video's- Said no one ever."

You simply misread it.

Duke Remington and dwayne1115 like this.
  8. dwayne1115

Oh ok now I got it thanks, and for my next trick I will learn how to read!

9. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

It is important to recycle!!!:)

10. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

Miss Piggy arrives at YouTube Space LA (for those who don't like flanderized Piggy, you don't need to watch this!!):

And here's the other Mental Floss video with Kermit and Piggy about Muppet facts (I think I know all of these, but it's fun that they mentioned them!):

11. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Most of them, not all of them. I think one is coming in June.

12. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

I don't think she was flanderized in that video. I actually laughed out loud at the ending and like that they did something different and unexpected with the character by making her a bit of a trickster instead of resorting to karate again.

WalterLinz likes this.
  13. Duke Remington

You just had to be negative and ungrateful, eh? :rolleyes:

Quit ragging on Disney (aka the Muppets' saviors) and be glad that we're getting new viral videos starring the Muppets at all! :mad:

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  14. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call Disney the Muppets' savior. Yours maybe, but not theirs. After all, it took 'em seven years to finally realize there's a lot of potential to be had with them; prior to that, one bombed TV movie, one modest TV special, and dozens of shelved projects, one of which was the pilot they just recently did. Matter of fact, all things considered, Jason Segel could be more accurately be refered to as the Muppets' savior, because it took his and Nick Stoller's screenplay to convince Disney to take a risk on doing something big with them.

Come on dude, seriously, just because people don't share your sunshine and rainbows opinion about Disney (or the fact that some people don't share your opinions in general) doesn't mean they're negative and ungrateful: they have a right to their own opinions as much as you do without you having to jump on everybody for saying something about Disney that isn't sugar-coated. Disney isn't a perfect company, neither is JHC, no company is perfect, every company has their flaws and pitfalls; just because a company bears the name of someone who left a lasting impact and impression on generations of people doesn't mean that company continues to operate with that person's same kind of ideals and practices - Michael Eisner is a perfect example of that.

Rugratskid and heralde like this.
  15. Duke Remington

Please don't talk down to me, D'Snowth.

16. dwayne1115

Come on guys let's not fight please! This is a very exciting time for Muppet fans! The Muppets are slowly coming back to being the stars they use to be when the Muppet Show was at it's heights. In 10 short days we will also find out if they will have there own TV show again which is a very long time coming. Disney is trying, which is great because if there is something we can all agree on (I hope) is that we all love the Muppets!

17. Mister Muppet

Mister Muppet Well-Known Member

Really loving some of these viral's the Acapella Cover is really catchy, and love how Bunsen and Beaker where on the Toothpaste one. I don't know why but Beaker drinking from the orange I found particularly Hilarious :fanatic:

18. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

How could any of you be complaining about these? Currently there are Muppets across Disney Junior, Youtube and soon ABC! How could anyone possibly be negative about Muppets across all Disney platforms?

19. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Whatever anyone can say about Disney, the fact that after a disappointing box office and stronger franchises under their belt (Marvel and Star Wars, natch) they even give The Muppets the time of day is something to be happy about. I've had problems with their slow and cautious stream of Muppet projects and products, but that's just about it. I don't think anyone, not even Henson would have done a much better job. I also don't see why they had a stream of internet hits and stopped just as the first movie came out only to make like one or two in between (so you can't even blame that on MMW's underperformance). I'm glad they're trying. Very much so. I just don't see why we don't have more viral Muppet stuff. Now, take into account that SW is pretty much the only one that regularly releases original online content, and Henson essentially just turned into clips of Dinosaur Train (none of their other projects past or present. Just Dino Train), Disney has the middle road here. It would be great to see a biweekly (the every other week type) short Muppet video... even if it goes to just monthly. THAT'S where there's room for improvement.

Duke Remington and dwayne1115 like this.
  20. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Active Member

Because in the grand scheme of things, this is nothing.